AEA N22 Active Ribbon Microphone
The NUVO N22 is a modern near-field and active ribbon mic with a rugged lightweight design, extended top-end clarity, and reduced proximity effect making it perfect for close miking of instruments.
It delivers clarity and balance in frequency response, even when positioned just inches from the source, and can stand alone in a mix without the need for the blending additional mic signals due to its extended top-end.
A New Approach
The N22 can be positioned inches away from an instrument and retain a balanced sound with extended top end while avoiding the room tone that can cause problems in smaller spaces or iso booths. This is what makes the N22 special.
It exhibits a high-frequency bump at 3kHz making it ideal for recording vocals, electric guitar, bass cabs, kick drum, acoustic guitar, and percussion. It is best to think of the N22’s placement in terms of inches instead of feet.
The N22 naturally reduces proximity effect while also avoiding the room tone that can cause problems in smaller spaces or iso booths. Naturally rolling off the low-end before it hits the ribbon creates a much different sound than using electronic equalization to roll off the low-end in post.
The N22 was designed to be positioned between 1 and 16 inches from the sound source. It retains a balanced frequency response across the spectrum with limited proximity effect. In a traditional ribbon mic, the proximity effect can be so strong that it obscures the mid-range, which can be extremely difficult to correct.
Unlike traditional ribbon mics, think of the N22s placement in terms of inches instead of feet. Of course, near-field micscan be positioned at a distance, but they have a more balanced sound close to the sound source.
The N22 not only handles the SPL levels of a high-gain amplifier and kick drum with ease, but it also translates all the gritty details of an instrument that musicians seek.
A Rugged, Roadworthy Companion
With increased durability and a small profile, it’s no wonder that a wide range of performers use AEA’s NUVO series microphones on the road. The mics are totally rugged and hold up to daily wear and tear.
From outdoor gigs at music festivals to indoor theaters, NUVO mics are the perfect companion to bring the sound of studio recordings to the live stage. With the NUVO Windscreen, never worry about the ribbon – even at windy gigs.
- Extended top end with a ribbon’s classic warmth
- Near-field ribbon mic with reduced proximity effect
- Balanced frequency response at 1 to 18 inches from the source
- Compact, lightweight design with rugged durability
- Active electronics and custom transformer optimized for all preamps
- Made in the U.S.A.
Mogami Gold Studio XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable - 25 ft
When you get your Mogami Gold Neglex Quad Mic Cable, you'll see why virtually every major recording facility in the world is wired with Mogami cable. Mogami is famous for unmatched accuracy, extremely low noise, and remarkable flexibility. Top engineers rave about Mogami mic cable's amazing clarity and silent background. If accuracy in reproduction is your goal, Mogami Gold Neglex Quad Mic Cable is the cable for you.
- Accurate cable
- Wide frequency response
- High cancellation of hum and noise
- Increases dynamic range
- Lifetime guarantee
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive, and developmental harm. For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
AEA N22 Active Ribbon Microphone
- Operating Principle : Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern : Bidirectional
- Frequency Range : <20 Hz to >20 kHz
- Maximum SPL : 141 dB SPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity : 8.3 mV/Pa (at 1 kHz, no load)
- Output Impedance : 92Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance : 1.0 kΩ or greaterP48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Phantom Power : Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the
- Polarity : front of the microphone.
- Polar Response : Native bidirectional, figure-of-8 pattern
- Horizontal : Up to 90 dB rejection at right angles to thefront/back axis.
- Vertical : Level changes with angle of incidence, butfrequency response is consistent.
- Transducer Element Material : Pure aluminum corrugated ribbon
- Thickness : 1.8 µm
- Width : 0.185 in (4.7 mm)
- Length : 2.35 in (59.7 mm)
- Height : 8.83 in (32.4 cm)
- Width : 1.62 in (11.7 cm)
- Depth : 1.62 in (9.5 cm)
- Weight : 12 oz (335 g)
- Shipping Weight : 1 lb 13 oz (810 g)
- Connector : XLR-3M