The Guardian Angel is:
- 24 frets of super-fast playability.
- Gorgeous exotic wood-topped body.
- Pickguard styling
- Unique Angel body silhouette for easy access to the upper-most frets
- and beautifully balanced playability.
- Comfortably sculpted front and back contours.
For those of you who know our guitar models, think of Guardian Angel as a Drop Top Classic with a full two-octave range. But that is just the beginning. Completely designed and aligned from the ground up to be a 24 fret "angel" of a guitar with unparalleled abilities. We gorgeously reshaped and balanced the body to allow extended access to the upper frets, via the deeper cut-aways and longer horns.
As with all Anderson Guitars, Guardian Angel is endowed with the best playing guitar necks to be found anywhere—Anderson’s legendary, super-fast and ultra-easy playability in an array of our Even-Taper back shapes. Unparalleled performances.
Guardian Angel's pickguard is specifically cut as to nuzzle its neck pickup nearest the 24th harmonic, for the richest “24” neck tone obtainable. You may like to call it, 24-fret neck-pickup magic.
All Anderson pickups and pickup layouts are available for Guardian Angel so you can outfit as you prefer and access all your favorite electric guitar tones—and much more—via our familiar and intuitive, multi-dimensional, 5-Way, or 3-Way switching setups, which easily brings all sounds you could ever imagine under your command.
H 1-: The perfect neck pickup to balance with the H2+ or H2 at the bridge, full, throaty neck humbucker tones that are never bloated, open, clear and rich, splits really well.
SF 2: Hot single-coil sound, hum-canceling. Great for hotter neck and middle applications.
H 2+: Perhaps our most popular bridge humbucker. Not too hot, not too cold but just right with a big low end. Full mids without giving up all the highs and lows.
Position 1: Neck
Position 2: Neck + Middle
Position 3: Middle
Position 3a: Neck + Bridge
Position 4: Middle + Bridge
Position 5: Bridge Pickup
- Model: Guardian Angel
- Color: Arctic Blue Burst
- Top Wood: Quilt Maple
- Binding: Natural
- Back Wood: Lightweight Basswood
- Back Color: Trans Blue Burst
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 12" - 14" Compound
- Neck Shape: Even-Taper - .810 @ 1st fret to .870 @ 12th fret
- Frets: 24x Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Nut: 1 11/16" Bone
- Pickups: HF1-, SF2, HF2+
- Controls: Volume, Tone (push/pull for N+B 3rd position configuration)
- Mini-Toggle: Humbucker Splitter
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Recessed Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Anderson Locking
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: .010-.046 Elixir
- Case: Black Tolex Deluxe Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7 lbs.