The controller that’s built to inspire
Overcome creative hurdles. Smash artistic barriers. Discover new musical horizons. A powerful tool that seamlessly controls your hardware and software instruments simultaneously. An exploratory device that encourages spontaneous creativity with its musical features. Surrender to the musical journey - where will KeyStep 37 take you?
KeyStep 37 goes beyond an easy-to-use sequencer and arpeggiator.
It's responsive, dynamic, and expanded in every direction to encourage musical exploration. Record, perform, and experiment with a compact, accessible keybed that’s familiar and enjoyable in equal measure. Unite your hardware and software with deep connectivity, offering seamless control over your setup.
More is more
The same velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed as the KeyStep Pro, complete with aftertouch and RGB LED feedback. A lightweight and compact keyboard that offers full and familiar creative flexibility, whatever your style or ability.
At the center of KeyStep 37’s interface we’ve added 4 new control knobs with a screen, giving you instant access to inspiring new expressive tools and MIDI tweaking - total control.
Music made interactive
KeyStep 37’s unique & enhanced Chord mode takes your single note melodies and unfinished ideas and transforms them into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and velocity settings and make your music really sing.
Map out KeyStep 37’s 3-octave keyboard range with a scale of your choice using Scale mode. Any key you play will automatically quantize to the nearest note in the chosen scale - never play a wrong note again.
Tap into the inner workings of your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks. Use the 4 new controls to tweak settings on the fly for dynamic performances.
The core of your setup
KeyStep 37 is designed to be put in control. An accessible interface, a compact design and comprehensive connectivity make it the perfect centerpiece for your rig - whatever your needs.
Hook up your synth hardware with MIDI in/out. Control your favorite VST instruments with MIDI over USB. Use CV pitch, gate and mod connections for modular integration. Analog sync in/out keeps everything in time without hassle. The best bit? Use it all at the same time.
KeyStep range comparison
Whether you’re looking for ease of use, creativity or absolute control, the KeyStep range delivers. Explore the features of the different models and find the right one for your needs.
- Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for
- performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports
- Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
- Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony
- KeyStep 37 unit
- Anti-ground loop adpater
- USB cable
Size & weight
- Instrument size: 21.7 x 5.78 x 1.38 inches (550 x 147 x 35mm)
- Instrument weight: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 Kg)