We're proud to present this Eastman T486 semi-hollowbody guitar in a beautiful Cherry Red over a gorgeous figured maple laminate top!
It features a full-size, maple laminate body and neck, which is critical for that clear and bright acoustic-like tone of a semi-hollow guitar, along with a gorgeous dark ebony fretboard that adds extra attack to your single notes and chords. These tonewoods pair nicely with the warmth of the big-body design and PAF-style pickups, creating that signature tone of the style of guitar. The vintage-style neck profile will feel very familiar if you've played this sort of guitar before.
At the heart of this axe are a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups - the SH-2 Jazz in the neck position and the SH-1 59 in the bridge position. I just so happen to have extensive personal experience with these two pickups, and their tonal qualities shine brightly in a semi-hollow. The Jazz neck is one of the cleanest and clearest neck humbuckers I've played. It's similar to a PAF-style pickup in output level and overall vibe, but takes it one step further with a bright, almost "single-coil"-ish quality, which obviously sounds amazing with the semi-hollow resonance. Of course, the tone control is supremely usable and can easily help the pickup pull off its namesake style of jazz. With the 59 in the bridge, you have a straight-up PAF-flavored humbucker with the ability to rock out whilst still staying bright and clear and matching well with the Jazz neck.
If you're looking at this instrument, chances are you've done your research and know just how underrated Eastman guitars are for the money. This T486 is not only no exception, but in fact a venerable cult classic for those who are aware of the brand - the specs, playability and tone of this guitar are right up there with the iconic flagship "ES" model from the big "G", which is incredible for the price point. Highly recommend checking one out!
- Body Dimensions: 16" X 1-3/4"
- Body Top: Maple Laminate
- Body Back/Sides: Maple Laminate
- F-Holes: Yes
- F-Hole Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Cutaway: Double
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- 1st Fret String Height: .022"
- 12th Fret String Height: Bass .078" & Treble .062"
- Fretwire: 22-Jescar FW47104
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Head Cap Veneer Material: Ebony
- Truss Rod: Single Acting
- Headstock Style: AR
- Binding Material: Ivoroid
- Logo Material: Pearl
- Inlay: Split Block Parallelogram
- Inlay Material: Pearl
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Pickguard: Yes
- Pickguard Material: 5-ply Plastic
- Pickguard Binding: Ivoroid
- Tailpiece: Gotoh stop tailpiece
- Bridge: Tunomatic Style
- Tuners: Ping Vintage Style
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan 59
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Switch
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL .010 - .046
- Tuning: E A D G B e
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs