Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Cutlass Guitar, Figured Roasted Maple Neck, Scarlet Red
Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of our heritage in instrument craftsmanship which features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare pieces are offered in limited production runs and allow us to present instruments to the public that were previously reserved for family and our loyal artists.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making premium guitars and basses on the California central coast since 1984. Sterling Ball, alongside his sons Brian and Scott, combine the laser precision of robotics and old-world hand craftsmanship to develop innovative instrument designs that push the boundaries of performance and playability.
Scarlet Red finish
Features a lightweight Alder body finished in Scarlet Red polyester finish.
MAPLE NECK WITH White BINDING
Smooth satin finished figured roasted maple neck with maple fretboard is accented with larger white position markers and hand fitted white binding.
This BFR edition guitar comes with matching painted headstock and locking tuners.
- Size: 12-7/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 38-1/8" long (32.7 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 96.8 cm long)
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Color: Scarlet Red
- Body Finish: High gloss
- Neck Wood: Select figured roasted maple neck
- Neck Color: Natural
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Finish: Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Fingerboard Wood: Figured Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Finish: Ultra-light satin polyurethane
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width
- Fret Markers: Dot inlay
- Nut Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm)
- Neck Width at last Fret: 2-1/4" (56.9 mm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Tuning Machine type: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Tuning Machine Buttons: Chrome
- Bridge type: Music Man Modern tremolo with vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Controls: Passive 250kohm volume and tone - .022µF tone capacitor; with transparent buffered output for complete tonal consistency at all volume levels
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: SSS - 3 Music Man custom wound single coils featuring the new wide spectrum Music Man "Silent Circuit", which reduces hum and retains true single coil sound
- Instrument weight: 7.4 lbs