It's always a treat to get a beautiful USA-made ESP into the shop. Built in ESP's USA factory right here in California, these instruments are top-of-the-line instruments on par with their renowned, artisan-made Japanese Custom Shop guitars. This stunning Eclipse FR in a beautiful Sapphire Black Metallic finish fully lives up to our expectation and more! It also features gold hardware, for that distinct "Custom" look.
You can experience how simply incredible this axe is before you even plug it in. Just like your favorite vintage 24.75" singlecut guitar, the neck and body resonate and sustain for days. The neck profile is very comfortable and just thick enough in all the right places, blending the best of vintage specification with ESP's contemporary design mentality. If you're a big bender, you're going to love the way this guitar plays. All kinds of legato can be pulled off with minimal effort and expressive vibrato is always at your fingertips. Speaking of legato, this guitar is equipped with the best tremolo in the game - the Floyd Rose Original bridge is renowned for a reason. This legendary double-locking tremolo is ready for all the dive bomb and pitch-bending acrobatics you can throw at it.
This one's loaded with the venerable EMG 57 & 66 set of pickups. These are unique because they're active pickups, but feature Alnico V magnets and impart a vintage-style level of output to the tone. These combine the best of both worlds, providing PAF-like classic tone and dynamic response with the clarity and headroom of active pickups. If you're into old-school singlecut guitar tone - the tone that made rock history - these are the EMGs for you!
Combined with the Floyd Rose and the classy appointments, this is the ultimate rocker's axe!
Crafted at our ESP USA facility in Southern California, the USA Eclipse Floyd Rose adds a crucial expressive performance tool to the classic single-cutaway guitar shape that’s helped power rock music for decades. The double-locking Floyd Rose Original bridge can handle anything from subtle tremolo performances to the most outrageous dive bombs. The USA Eclipse Floyd Rose offers a full thickness (60mm / 2 3/8”), strategically chambered mahogany body for weight relief, with optional flamed maple and quilted maple tops and a wide variety of gloss and satin translucent finishes to allow the figured wood grain to be highlighted (and plain maple caps for solid color finishes). These guitars offer smooth set-thru construction at classic 24.75” scale, with a three-piece thin U-shaped three-piece mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard with 22 extra-jumbo Jescar stainless steel frets and mother-of-pearl split-flag inlays. In addition to the Floyd Rose Original bridge, we chose the very best components available for this USA Eclipse model, including Sperzel Trim-Lok tuners and Dunlop Straploks. Pickups for the USA Eclipse Floyd Rose include a variety of world-class Seymour Duncan (passive) and EMG (active) models, with a push-pull coil split control on the tone knob for passive pickup models. The USA Eclipse Floyd Rose includes a high-quality ESP USA form-fitting hard shell case.
- Graphite Neck Reinforcement Bars: Get maximum strength and stability from your guitar’s neck, with higher long-term reliability. All ESP USA models are made with two high-strength bars of carbon fiber.
- Weight Relief Chambering: The ESP USA Eclipse offers a traditional full-thickness body but is strategically chambered so the weight of the guitar remains comfortable and noticeably lighter than most classic single-cut body style guitars.
- Full Thickness Carved Top w/ Natural Masked Binding: Over a half-inch of beautifully figured open-grain mahogany is carved to our ESP USA Eclipse contours, allowing for the natural masked binding to highlight the exquisite top.
- Model: USA Eclipse FR
- Color: Sapphire Black Metallic
- Finish: Satin
- Body Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Binding: Creme
- Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 22 JESCAR FW57110 XJ Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Flags
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany
- Profile: Thin U
- Nut: Locking
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 20mm
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 22mm
- Headstock: Matching
- Pickups: EMG 57 & 66
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Locking
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Case: ESP USA Eclipse Form Fit Hardshell
- Strings: D’Addario NYXL SUP LITE (.009 - .042)
- Made In North Hollywood, CA
- Instrument Weight: 9.3 lbs