Jackson X Series Rhoads RRX24, Laurel Fingerboard, Red with Black Bevels
The Jackson X Series models continue the metal legacy pioneered by the immortal Randy Rhoads. Regal and proud, the RRX24 offers fantastic tone, ultra-fast playability and unbelievable value for 21st century guitarists.
The RRX24 features a basswood or poplar body (540 only), one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, 12"-16" compound radius bound fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and reverse Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock.
Decked out for today’s modern metaller, the RRX24 delivers searing tone from a pair of active Seymour Duncan® Blackout pickups that can be further shaped by two volume knobs, a single tone control and three-way blade switch. It's also equipped with a recessed Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system for outstanding sustain and solid intonation.
Infused with spotlight-ready style, the RRX24 is available in several finishes: the (NEW!) Red with Black Bevels features a laurel fingerboard with red reverse sharkfin inlays and black hardware; the Black with Neon Green Bevels model offers a rosewood fingerboard with reverse neon green sharkfin inlays and chrome hardware; the Black with Yellow Bevels offers a rosewood fingerboard with reverse pearloid sharkfin inlays and gold hardware; the Black with Neon Pink model offers a rosewood fingerboard with reverse neon pink sharkfin inlays and black hardware; the Gloss Black offers a rosewood fingerboard with reverse black sharkfin inlays and black hardware.
SEYMOUR DUNCAN® BLACKOUTS AHB-1B / AHB-1N
The perfect choice for metal players looking for warm complex chording and singing leads, the Blackouts neck pickup practically cries out for two-handed shred and thick rhythm playing. The Blackouts bridge humbucker delivers the high-output signal level of an active pickup, and excels at screaming pinched harmonics and hyper-speed riffage with responsive dynamics across the entire fretboard.
FLOYD ROSE® SPECIAL DOUBLE-LOCKING TREMOLO SYSTEM (RECESSED)
Recessed for picking-hand comfort, the Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo features zinc alloy saddles and a zinc alloy sustain block. The double-locking design allows you to lock your guitar in tune at the nut and at the bridge, resulting in excellent tuning stability and sustain throughout your most aggressive pull-ups and dive bombs.
- Model Number: 2916404540
- Series: X Series
- Color: Red with Black Bevels
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Body Material: Poplar
- Neck Construction: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Headstock: Reverse Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Blackouts® AHB-1B
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Blackouts® AHB-1N
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel, .009-.042 Gauges