Never resting in our mission to make life better for musicians, we created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as our feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists. The American Original ‘60s Jaguar brings that supple sound and slinky playability to life again, slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘62 single-coil Jaguar pickups
- Lead/rhythm circuit; bass-cut “strangle” switch
- "‘60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish that not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘62 PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
“’60s C” NECK SHAPE
This Jaguar features a “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the 1960s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Auxillary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Threaded Steel Saddles and Included Adjustable Bridge Mute
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)