Fender American Pro Precision Bass, Rosewood Fingeboard, Hard Case - Antique Olive
A BASS-IC REVOLUTION
Bass—it’s where rhythm meets melody, creating a righteous groove that forces you to move with it. Without the Fender Precision Bass, the original electric bass, dance floors everywhere would be empty. As music evolves, our instruments change in lockstep; the end result is today’s version of this seminal instrument—the American Professional Precision Bass.
V-Mod Precision Bass pickups are modified versions of our classic vintage pickup designs. Packed with the fundamental Fender bass sound you know and love, these split-coil pickups use alnico 5 magnets on the treble side and alnico 2 on the bass side to deliver classic tone with all the vintage warmth and crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
Considered by many to be the gold standard of bass neck profiles, American Professional Precision Bass guitars use the ‘63 P Bass® neck profile. The satin finish on the back of the neck provides a smooth fret-hand feel.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
Wider at the top than the bottom, the fluted shafts force the string windings downward and keep them tight, resulting in a sharper and consistent break angle over the nut, creating increased sustain and better tuning stability.
All American Professional bass necks incorporate Posiflex graphite rods to reinforce against movement that can occur with fluctuations the environment. Embedded beneath the fingerboard, they improve reliability on the road, in the studio or in your home.
The Elite Molded Case features body-hugging contours to protect your cherished instrument, TSA latches for increased security and nested stacking ability for easy storage and secure transport.
- Single Michael Bump-designed V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- ’63 P Bass neck profile
- Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
- HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Precision Bass®
- Middle Pickup V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration Split Single-Coil
- Bridge 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Strings Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape "1963 C"
- Scale Length 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Narrow Tall
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays White Dot
- Truss Rod Standard
- Truss Rod Nut 3/16" Hex Adjustment