Stark, dark and menacing, the crushing Jim Root Jazzmaster guitar has got to be the most distinctively minimalist version of the instrument ever devised in the model's entire half-century history. At the behest of the towering Slipknot guitarist, gone are the dual tone circuits and barrage of controls. Gone are the fret position markers and enormous chrome bridge. Gone, in fact, is pretty much everything typical of a Jazzmaster, replaced only by fearsome EMG® humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers, single three-way switch and single volume knob, a hardtail bridge and little else.
EMG® Active Humbucking Pickups
For a decidedly non-traditional design and configuration, the crushing nu-metal sound of the Jim Root Jazzmaster is produced by a fearsome pair of EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) active humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers.
This instrument features a compound-radius fingerboard, a sophisticated and carefully crafted feature in which the fingerboard has a more pronounced curvature across its width near the nut (ideal for chording) and gradually flattens to a very slight curvature toward the upper frets (perfect for bending notes and soloing).
A convenient high-end, high-performance feature, locking tuners offer increased tuning stability, especially on tremolo-equipped guitars, and they make changing strings substantially faster and easier than conventional tuners
The sparse, dark and sinister look of the Jim Root Jazzmaster is complemented by the smooth feel and sparse, dark and sinister look of a 22-fret ebony fingerboard with no position inlays.
Satin Lacquer Finish
The finish on this instrument combines the resonance and thin breathability of lacquer with the stylishly muted matte look of a satin color coat.
The largest of the fret sizes, jumbo frets are tall and wide, which lets you get a better grip on the strings, enabling more control over them and making bends and vibrato easier. A good choice for players with larger hands and thicker fingers.
- Mahogany body with contoured neck heel
- Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and large headstock
- Compound-radius ebony fingerboard (12” to 16”) with 22 jumbo frets and no position inlays (side-dot inlays only)
- EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) active humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers and black bezels
- Single control knob (volume) and three-way pickup switch
- Hard-tail string-through-body bridge
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: None
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 60
- Controls: Master Volume
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Other Features: Large '70s-style Headstock with Jim Root's Signature on the Back, Active EMG Pickups, Black Bezels, Contoured Neck Heel, No Position Inlays on Fingerboard Face, Side Dots Only, No Pickguard, Straplock Ready Strap Buttons, Single "T" Roller String Tree, Side Mounted Output Jack, Rear Routed Control Cavity
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell
- Included Accessories: Strap, Polishing Cloth, Cable, Straplocks, Owner's Manual
- Instrument Weight: 8.8 lbs