Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Maple Fingerboard, Hard Case - Vintage White
FORMIDABLE SHRED STYLEStill the foremost and most formidable practitioner of the genre, Yngwie Malmsteem practically invented neo-classical shred singlehandedly. The guitar he has always done it with is a Stratocaster, and for those who aspire to Malmsteen’s flamboyantly fleet-fingered style, the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is modeled after the Swedish metal virtuoso’s favorite Strat®, right down to its special pickups and scalloped fingerboard. A distinctively designed model for one of the world’s most distinctive Strat masters.
A big part of Malmsteen’s dazzling neo-classical technique is enabled by scalloped fingerboard on which the fingers make contact only with the strings and not with the wood of the fingerboard itself. This allows a lighter touch, greater speed and improved grip on the strings, facilitating effortless string bending, pull offs and tapping technique.
SEYMOUR DUNCAN® YJM FURY PICKUPS
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is armed with three specially voiced Seymour Duncan® YJM single-coil-size hum-canceling pickups ideal for rock, neo-classical, shred, hard rock and metal.
SUPER JUMBO FRETS
When these taller, wider frets are combined with the scalloped fingerboard of the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster, bending notes becomes an entirely different and phenomenal experience.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER NECK FINISH
This thin finish on the back of the neck lets the wood breather with greater resonance, further contributing to the remarkable tone of Malmsteen’s signature Strat.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster features old-school three-way pickup switching, giving you the bridge pickup alone, the middle pickup alone and the neck pickup alone.
Among its many high-performance features, the fingerboard of this instrument has a brass nut for enhanced sustain and brighter tone.
- Machine screw-mount maple neck with modern "C" profile and "bullet" truss rod
- 9.5"-radius scalloped maple or rosewood fingerboard with brass nut and 21 "super jumbo" frets
- Three Seymour Duncan® YJM Fury pickups with three-way switching
- "No-load" tone control for bridge and middle pickups
- Aged plastic control knobs, switch tip and pickup covers
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Fender Artist Series Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
- Vintage White
- Alder Body
- Nitro Lacquer Finish
- Modern C Style Maple Neck
- Deeply Scalloped Maple Fretboard - 9.5" Radius
- 21 Super Jumbo Frets
- Seymour Duncan YJM Fury SKY-S10 Pickups
- 3-Position Blade Switch: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
- Brass Nut
- American 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo Bridge
- 4 Bolt Neck Plate
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Vintage F-Style Tuners
- Deluxe Hardshell Case (Tweed)
- Approximate Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs