What would an ’83 G&L SC-2 be if Leo Fender recreated it for today’s scene? The crew at G&L think it would be a lot like the new Fallout. After all, when inspiration comes from original G&L SC guitars modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss, there are lots of cues to follow.
The SC-2 was born as a cool looking, comfortable and light axe that could be thrashed mercilessly and not miss a beat. Fallout keeps those qualities in the mix but branches out to cover today’s sophisticated textures and tones.
Fallout shares the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
From dirty riffs to jangly hooks, Fallout delivers with a great pairing of a G&L Alnico P-90 neck pickup and a meaty Seymour Duncan JB bridge 'bucker.
The look transcends the SC-2’s simplicity with a sweeping pickguard that complements the body shape perfectly. Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.
- G&L USA Fallout
- Graphite Metallic
- Alder Body
- Maple Neck
- G&L Classic C Neck Shape - This is the profile most G&L fans associate with the post 2000 era. 1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, medium taper from 0.830” to 0.960”. It starts off fairly slim and gets beefier up the neck. These specs were part of the #1 neck.
- Satin Light Tint Neck Finish
- Maple Fretboard
- 12" Fretboard Radius
- 22 PLEK Dressed Medium Jumbo Frets
- Dot Inlays
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB
- Neck Pickup: G&L Paul Gagon-designed P90
- 3 Way Switch
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock with Chrome Plated Brass Saddles
- G&L 12:1 Ratio Tuners
- Chrome Hardware
- 3-Ply Black/White/Black Pickguard
- G&L Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- G&L Certificate of Authenticity