Gretsch G6229TG Limited Edition Players Edition Sparkle Jet BT Guitar with Bigsby and Gold Hardware, Ebony Fretboard, Ocean Turquoise Sparkle
For over 65 years the Gretsch® Jet™ has fueled stages and studios, producing some of the greatest sounds in rock 'n' roll history. The all-new G6229TG Limited Edition Players Edition Sparkle Jet™ BT with Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is the culmination of over half a century of tonal and performance magic, delivered in two new head-turning finishes — Champagne Sparkle or Ocean Turquoise Sparkle with black pickguards.
Chambered Mahogany Bodies — Thick and Acoustically Rich
Each Jet BT begins with a select mahogany body with maple top that produces a strong, balanced mid-range, while the chambered body delivers a smooth attack and extended bandwidth that is remarkably wide and harmonically rich.
Broad'Tron™ BT65 Pickups – Power & Fidelity
This powerful platform is fueled by Gretsch Broad'Tron™ BT65 pickups. Designed by the famed Tim Shaw, the BT65 meticulously captures the guitar's sonic palette and reproduces powerful mids, extended lows and an exceptionally clear, yet smooth high end. The result is the perfect mixture of wall-shaking power and full-spectrum fidelity that delivers unparalleled overdrive and shimmering cleans — all at the stomp of a switch.
Players Edition Comfort, Control & Performance
Responding to players' need for increased comfort, the Jet BT features a lowered neck set that greatly improves fret-hand mobility while also giving the picking hand a closer approach, increasing comfort and accuracy. Our new full-access rolled cutaway and tapered heel allows the free access to upper frets without awkward pivoting or palm obstruction. This sleek design remains hidden, preserving a vintage aesthetic – a critical feature that is meant to be felt, not seen.
The Jet BT comes equipped with additional Players Edition features that give you total control of your tone and performance, including no-load master tone pot with Squeezebox™ paper-in-oil capacitor, master volume with treble bleed circuit and individual pickup volume controls.
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Binding: White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Shape: Jet™
- Body Back: Mahogany
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: Bound Black Plexi with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Big Block
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Pickup: Broad'Tron™ BT-65
- Side Dots: Red
- Headstock Binding: White
- Waist: 8.625" (219.08 mm)
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Bigsby® B7GP String-Thru
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Configuration: Broad'Tron™ / Broad'Tron™
- Refinement Pickups: Broad'Tron™ / Broad'Tron™
- Bracing: Chambered
- Upper Bout: 10.5" (267 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.5" (343 mm)
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Bridge Pickup: Broad'Tron™ BT-65
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Broad'Tron™ / Broad'Tron™
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Case/Gig Bag: Included: 099-6410-000 G6238 Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Refinement Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Refinement Neck Shape: U Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs