The PR 35 has been designed for commercial broadcast, recording and live sound reinforcement applications which require a smooth flat response over a wide frequency range. The PR 35 was designed around the acclaimed PR 30 element and incorporates a shock mount to give the best possible results.
The PR 35 achieves its exceptional performance by using a special magnet structure and a large aluminum 1 1/2" low mass voice coil assembly. A carefully wound and placed hum bucking coil allows the PR 35 to be used close to video monitors without unwanted hum or buzz. Special attention has been paid to the phasing plug assembly with equally placed ports that sense audio from behind the source. It then enters them out of phase thus producing a very linear cardioid pattern. This reduces the proximity effect while achieving the extreme articulation across its smooth 40 Hz- 18 kHz frequency response. The new Heil element can be used in extreme high sound pressure levels and is immune to overload conditions. It produces a beautifully smooth audio response without the inconvenience of phantom or outside d.c. powering.
The PR 35 is equipped with a three position roll off switch. The first position is flat, the second position rolls off at approximately -3 dB and the last position rolls off at approximately -6 dB.
The cardioid pattern offers the greatest rejection of unwanted audio at 180 degrees off axis, which is directly behind the microphone; there is virtually no off-axis coloration.
Supplied with a microphone clip that mounts to any 5/8"- 27 mic thread. It also comes with a leatherette carrying case.
For amateur radio a CC-1 XLR cable is required to interface with a transceiver.
- 7-2/3" long x 2" wide at mic vocal end and 1" wide at XLR-input end
- Wide frequency response
- Articulate natural mid range
- Best vocal microphone
- Most versatile microphone
- 3-position roll-off switch
- Rubberized coating
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR
- Generating Element: Dynamic with neodymium magnet structure
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 18 kHz
- Output Level: -52.9 dB @ 1,000 Hz
- Impedance: Balanced 600 Ohms Output, 3 pin XLR
- Polar Pattern: End fire, Cardioid, uniform front to back discrimination
- Finish: rubberized, matte black