The Cali76 offers studio compression in a pedal, or desk-top format… Compared to existing guitar compressors the Cali76 represents a high-fidelity, low noise solution with no signal degradation
The Cali76-TX transformer board works to provide the user with additional tone-options and connectivity.
This brings things even closer to the original studio-classic by incorporating a custom iron-core output transformer (other transformer options available) driven by a high-current Class-A transistor stage.
“High” and “Low Gain” modes of operation allow the transformer to be pushed into saturation for subtle harmonic generation all the way to all-out grunge!
A ground-lift switch quickly fixes any rogue “hums” caused by annoying ground-loop interactions.
We offer two types of transformer. Our custom iron-core transformer or a top-of-the-line Lundahl (at an additional cost). Our preference is for the custom iron-core transformer which saturates nicely in “High-Gain” mode. The Lundahl is linear through and through, contributing nocore saturation – a benefit to those looking for a more transparent low-end when used as an insert in the studio or on bass guitar.
The Cali76-TX features dedicated “Amplifier” and “Line/DI” outputs. The “Line/DI” is fully balanced and electronically isolated. The outputs are capable of driving the longest of cable runs and will integrate with any professional studio set-up, vintage or modern!
By swapping internal jumpers, the pedal can be operated in either “True-Bypass” or “Buffered Bypass” modes when powered at 9V. When actively engaged, through the use of an 18V supply, the transformer-board effectively buffers the signal at all times, even when the unit is bypassed.
• 100% Class-A discrete signal path
• Ultra fast “FET” response
• Attack & Release controls
• Studio-grade “discrete” preamplifier
• Rugged VU-style meter
• Low noise electronics
• Class-A discrete output-amplifier driving transformer
• Dual, low-impedance outputs (via audio transformer)
• Unbalanced instrument-level output
• Balanced Line-DI output*
• Ground-lift function to eliminate ground induced hum
• Gain-switch adjusts transformer saturation
• Auto-Shutdown – preserves battery operation
• PSU Spec. Min: 13mA @ 9V / 72mA @ 18V
• Suggested PSU Rating: 200mA for optimum start-up
• Designed and built in England