PRS Paul Reed Smith Wood Library Custom 24-08 Guitar, Satin Green Fade, Quilt Top, Flame Maple Neck, Ziricote Board, Swamp Ash Back
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar, the iconic instrument that started it all back in 1985. Featuring mini-toggle coil tap switches (like the PRS 408 model), the Custom 24-08 has eight different pickup settings that provide an array of humbucking and single-coil tones, including a dual single-coil option unique for this model. For classic PRS playability, reliability, and tone with ultimate flexibility, check out the Custom 24-08.
It’s All in the Details: TCI-Tuned Pickups
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The "Pattern Thin" neck is an updated version of PRS’s traditional Wide Thin neck.
Unique to this guitar are the following features:
- Satin Green Fade Finish
- Hand-Picked Quilt Maple 10-Top
- Hand-Picked Swamp Ash Body w/ Natural Back
- Hand-Picked Ziricote Fretboard
- Hand-Picked Artist Grade Flame Maple Neck
- Smoked Black Hardware
- Green Ripple Outline with Abalone Center Bird Inlays
- Model: Wood Library Custom 24-08
- Color: Satin Green Fade
- Top: Quilt Maple 10-Top
- Back: Swamp Ash (natural)
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ziricote
- Neck: Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern Thin - 1 11/16" width and 26/32" depth @ nut
- Frets: 24
- Inlays: Green Ripple Outlines w/ Abalone Center Birds
- Headstock Veneer: Ziricote
- Pickups: 85/15 Bass and Treble
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Mini-Toggles: 2x Coil-Split
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Blade Switch
- Color: Smoked Black Chrome
- Bridge: PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Case: Black Tolex Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.