Each Metal model features the innovative Fishman Fluence humbucker pickups that combine the power and clarity of active pickups with the organic sound and feel of passive pickups as well as superb single-coil tones, making it an incredibly versatile instrument for many other musical genres besides metal
What makes it special?
Developed with the needs of the modern metal and prog players in mind, the Metal features American Basswood body for a strong low midrange with a quarter-inch Maple top that provides an ideal balance for both chunky palm-muted metal sounds and searing lead tones. The roasted Maple neck with Ebony fretboard plays fast while adding punch and a cutting attack to the overall sonic character to cut through the most dense mix.
What does it do?
The Metal was designed for speed and power while providing the intangible musicality and feel that discriminating musicians demand. The patented EndurNeck is fast playing and ergonomic so you can play longer with more precision and less fatigue in your hand and arm. The Ebony fretboard with the Jescar stainless steel frets feels super slick, allowing you to zip through the most difficult and speedy passages. The Fishman Fluence Modern pickups and electronics integrate perfectly with the guitar to provide power and versatility.
Who is it for?
The Metal is for the modern innovative musician who is not bound by tradition and seeks to expand musical boundaries with new sounds and techniques. With its highly-touted ergonomic features, superb playability, sonic flexibility and righteous tone, the Metal covers all the needs that today’s musician seeks in a guitar. Whether it’s brutal metal rhythm, sparkling clean or blistering lead sounds, the Metal has them all along with the ease of playability so you can focus on your playing and your music.
- Bolt-On Construction
- Chambered Body with Arm, Torso and Heel Carves
- Solid Maple Top
- Basswood Body
- Manufactured in Indonesia
- .strandberg* EGS Series 5 fixed bridge & string locks
- Black Nickel Plated Hardware
- Original Luminlay™ Green Side Dots
- Original Luminlay™ Green Inlays
Neck & Frets
- Roasted Maple Neck, Carbon Fiber reinforced
- EndurNeck™ Profile
- Ebony Fretboard
- 20″ Fretboard Radius
- 24 Frets
- Jescar 57110 Stainless Steel Fretwire
- D’Addario NYXL 09-84 strings
- Standard tuning F#BEADGBE
- H – H Pickup Configuration
- Neck: Fishman Fluence Modern Alnico, Black Plastic Cover
- Bridge: Fishman Fluence Modern Ceramic,Black Plastic Cover
- Master Volume w/ push-pull for Split Coil
- Master Tone w/push-pull for Voice 1/2
3-Way Pickup Selector
- Neck + Bridge in parallel
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 6.2 lbs