Twangström: Shake, Rattle, and Roll
A flexible spring reverb box-of-tricks. If you're familiar with Bazille, you might already have come across its built-in spring unit. We took that one, then modelled two more reverb tanks, paired it with drive section, filter stage, envelope, and mod matrix. It emulates a hand-picked selection of the most popular units you will find in classic guitar and instrument amplifiers, recreating the odd character of real springs.
As a faithful emulation of a mechanical device, Twangström needs to be handled well. Many of the technical parameters are user-adjustable in real time, and these can be controlled via MIDI or using the internal LFO and envelope generator. With its multimode resonant filter, Twangström is a unique and powerful tool which can deliver highly unusual, evolving textures... especially when the signal is tossed around using the modulation matrix!
Twangström's reverb is based on physical modelling. As opposed to plug-ins based on impulse responses (IR), our approach mimics the physics of mechanical reverberation. By simulating the wavefront travelling through a medium, we can include all the aspects of excitation, reflection, dispersion, interference, and other audio properties. Twangström does not mimic the sonic result, but simulates the physical device. This means that all dimensions of the device are controllable in realtime, on a per-sample-basis – which all boils down to quite some power at your fingertips!
The envelope in Twangström features 4 different modes and can pick up the signal from either input, output or external sidechain. You can select between Envelope Follower, Attack and Decay, Attack and Release, or Cyclic modes. The last one is similar to a 2-stage LFO. Shown controls will adapt to the selected mode, with Threshold not appearing while in Envelope Follower mode.
The modulation matrix has three general purpose modulation slots, and yes, you can select shake as one of many targets to modulate the Twang control!
Low Frequency Oscillator
The LFO features different time bases, including a non-synchronized one measured in seconds. Synchronized options include both dotted times and triplets. There are 8 different waveforms to choose from, with 2 of them being stepped or glide random shapes.
- shakeable springs
- 3 different reverberation tanks, inspired by the most popular ones built in the guitar & instrument amps that made rock 'n roll
- tasty drive & tone stage for heating-up and colouring the sound
multi-mode filter, with variable type blend
- four-flavours envelope stage, picking up the signal from either input, output or external sidechain
- LFO module, 8 different types & waveforms, variable time base & syncable
- comprehensive modulation matrix, for realtime control of all the parameters
- independent input and feedback routing options allow all possible stereo or mono combinations
- 76 factory presets, NKS-compatible
- UI instantly resizable from 70% to 200%
- custom remote control via MIDI CC, 14-bit resolution option
- Apple logo Mac OS X 10.7
- Windows logo Windows 7
- Linux logo Linux
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
- Host software
- Twangström is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Twangström is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
- Available as Audio Units (AU), VST2, VST3, AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) NKS, plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
|Delivery Type||Digital Download|