Zoom G3 Guitar Effects & Amp Simulator (B-STOCK)
IT'S LIKE HAVING THREE GUITAR PEDALS IN ONETHE ZOOM G3Guitar Effects & Amp Simulator Pedal
The Zoom G3 guitar pedal opens the door to a new level of creativity. It offers 94 effects, along with 22 amp and cabinet models, and allows you to chain up to six of them together for full multi-effect complexity. Three stompbox-style displays—each with its own dedicated foot switch and control knobs—make it easy to edit effects and bring them in and out as needed. Advanced features like an onboard chromatic tuner, balanced line-level output, USB port, and integrated rhythm patterns and looper complete the picture. Both onstage and in the studio, you can count on your G3 to deliver the great sound you need from a guitar pedal.
Over a hundred different ways to craft your sound
The G3 provides a whopping 116 different onboard DSP effects and amp/cabinet models.
These include compressors, noise gates, filters, equalizers, and wah effects, as well as boosters, overdrives, fuzzes, phasers, and flangers, plus chorus, pitch shift, tremolo, vibrato—even ring modulation. There are simulations of both classic and contemporary pedals such as the MXR Dynacomp and Distortion+, Moog MF-101, Ibanez TS808, Marshall Guv'nor, Fuzz Face, Big Muff, Pro Co Rat, ADA Flanger, and Boss OD-1, DS-1, Metal Face, and CE-1. Original effects include Zoom's Noise Reduction (ZNR) algorithm and ExtremeDS, which offers the most powerful gain of any distortion effect in the world. You'll also find 20 delays and natural-sounding reverbs here, including rooms, halls, arenas, plates, springs, and tape delay simulators, as well as dual effects such as chorus/delay, compressor/overdrive, and delay/reverb.
The 22 amp models provided by the G3 include emulations of both vintage and modern tube and solid-state amplifiers from manufacturers like Fender, Marshall, Matchless, Mega Boogie, Sound City, Hiwatt, Orange, Two Rock, Diezel, and ENGL, each with its own distinct cabinet modeling that can be used to further alter the tonal quality. What's more, you can pair any amp model to any cabinet model for unusual, and often striking effects. You can even match the output of a given amp/cabinet model to the actual setup you're playing through (options include Line, Combo Front, Stack Front, Combo Power Amp, and Stack Power Amp).
NOTE: Manufacturer names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The names are used only to illustrate sonic characteristics and do not indicate any affiliation with the Zoom Corporation or Zoom North America.
Easy to use and packed with power
The intuitive design of the G3 allows easy navigation in both live and studio settings and makes creating, saving, and rearranging effects a breeze. Three LCD screens, each with corresponding foot switches and parameter knobs, form a large graphical interface that allows you to view and edit multiple effects at a glance.
Up to 6 effects can be used simultaneously, arranged in any order you like, and signal flow can be reversed at the touch of a button. 100 patch memories are provided for the storage of custom edited and chained multi-effects, all pre-loaded with useful factory settings. Changing patches is near-instantaneous and requires just a tap of a foot switch.
A standard ¼" input jack and passive/active switch allow you to plug any electric guitar into the G3. Outputs are provided on dual ¼" (one stereo, one mono) and balanced XLR output jacks, enabling the unit to be connected to headphones, amplifiers, or line-level devices (pre- or post-effect) such as external effects devices, recorders, and mixing boards.
Only 4 AA batteries—either alkaline or rechargeable NiMH—are required for power, or you can use the supplied AC adapter. Battery life is up to 6 hours when using alkaline batteries, and an "Eco" setting automatically powers the unit off if unused for extended periods.
The G3 offers a slew of advanced features, including a built-in chromatic tuner that supports a variety of standard guitar tunings—even drop tunings. A Tap Tempo function allows you to to set delay times and modulation effect frequencies in real time to the rhythm of the song you're playing. There are 41 realistic-sounding rhythm patterns too—PCM samples of drums being played in a variety of different genres and time signatures.
It's easy to create full orchestrations with your G3. An onboard Looper enables you to layer up to 40 seconds of performance (through the effect or effects of your choice) in high quality 16-bit 44.1kHz audio. The Looper can also be used in conjunction with rhythm accompaniments, allowing you to play along with the pattern of your choice.
Using your G3 with a computer
The G3 has a USB port for connection to any Macintosh or Windows computer, allowing it to act as a 2-input / 2-output audio interface. Simply launch your DAW or the included Steinberg Cubase LE software and start laying down tracks. Direct monitoring during recording ensures zero latency, allowing you to overdub with ease.
The G3 is also fully compatible with Zoom's Edit & Share software, available below as a free download. This easy to use software allows you to catalog, edit, and share your patches. Powerful sorting tools help you quickly find exactly the sound you're after, then drag, drop, and reload them in whatever order you need for your next gig—easy to do with a laptop even if you're on the road.
State of the art editing with every G3
The Zoom G3 comes with a free download license for Sternberg’s Cubase LE music production software, providing not just the ability to create incredible guitar sounds in every box, but to do spectacular things with it.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom G3, G3X, and G5 purchase.
Features at a glance
- 94 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay, and reverb
- 22 amp / cabinet models
- 3 backlit LCDs with contrast control
- Intuitive user interface
- Ultra-fast (1ms) patch change speed
- Up to 6 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 100 memory locations for the storage of user-created patches
- 100 factory preset patches
- Store and Swap functions make patch organization a breeze
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Tuner range of 435 – 445 Hz
- Looper allows recording of up to 40 seconds of CD-quality phrase recording
- 41 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Easily integrated into any existing pedalboard
- Input jack accepts standard mono guitar cable
- Active/Passive switch
- Control input for external foot switch or expression pedal
- Dual output jacks for connection to amps or headphones
- Balanced XLR output jack with ground lift for DI connection (pre- or post-effect) to line-level devices, mixing boards, and recorders
- Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of more than 6 hours
- Included AC adapter
- USB port for bus power and firmware updates
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Compatible with Zoom Edit&Share patch software
- Includes Steinberg Cubase LE recording software
- Number of effects: 116
- Number of simultaneous effects: 6
- Number of patches: 100 (10 banks of 10)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 128× oversampling
- D/A conversion: 128× oversampling
- Signal processing: 32-bit
- Frequency characteristics: 20Hz – 20 kHz +1 dB, -3 dB (into 10 kΩ load)
- Display: Backlit dot matrix LCD x 3
- Tuner range: 435 - 445 Hz
- Input: Type: Standard mono ¼" phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBm*
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ ACTIVE/PASSIVE (switch selectable)
- Type: Standard mono ¼" phone jack
- Maximum output level: +5 dBm (output impedance load of 10 kΩ or more)
- L/Mono/Phones: Type: Standard stereo ¼" phone jack
- Maximum line output level: +5 dBm (output impedance load of 10 kΩ or more)
- Maximum headphones output level: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Type: XLR connector
- Output impedance: 100 Ω (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200 Ω (HOT-COLD)
PRE/POST (switch selectable)
GND LIFT (switch selectable)
- Control input: For Zoom FP01/FP02/FS01
- Battery type: AA size (LR6) battery x 4
- Continuous battery operation time: 6 hours when using 4 AA alkaline batteries
- AC adapter: DC 9V center-negative, 500 mA (Zoom AD-16)
- S/N (input conversion noise): 120dB
- Noise Floor: −100dBm
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Bit rate: 16-bit
- Compatibility: Windows® XP SP3 (32bit) or newer with Intel® Pentium® 4 1.8GHz or faster, RAM 1GB or more
Windows® Vista SP1 (32bit, 64bit) or newer
Windows® 7 (32bit, 64bit) with Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core 2.7GHz or faster, RAM 2GB or more
Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7 with Intel® Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster,
- RAM 1GB or moreSampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Dimensions: 170mm(D) x 234mm(W) x 54mm (H)
- Weight: 1.2kg
* Note: 0 dBm = 0.775 Vrms