Warm Audio Pedalboard Giveaway
Warm Up Your Pedalboard just in time for Summer!
Enter below to win this Warm Audio pedalboard bundle including the Centavo and Warmdrive pedals!
Jet Phaser Fuzz and Phaser
Rebirth of a classic
The seventies were an amazing time, as bell-bottoms, chains and afros dominated the fashion scene and the swoosh and swirl of phaser effects were everywhere on the radio. From the guitar work of David Gilmour, Brian May and Eddie Van Halen to the trail-blazing keyboard stylings of Steely Dan, Herbie Hancock and Paul Simon’s Richard Tee, it seemed like everyone was incorporating phasers into their sound.
Of all of the designs available during that time period, one phaser pedal stood apart from the others due to its flexibility, sound quality and addition of fuzz sounds, and it was immediately adopted by funk bass pioneer Larry Graham as the core of his modulated sound with both Sly and The Family Stone and his own Graham Central Station.
The Warm Audio Jet Phaser is a hyper-authentic recreation of this famous pedal, accurate from the gooey swirl of the audio circuit to the look and feel of the enclosure, except that it’s true bypass and far more affordable and reliable than vintage units!
The jet set
The Jet Phaser contains six modes, with two labeled "PHASE" and four labeled "JET". The two PHASE modes produce traditional phasing effects, with the first having moderate modulation depth for more subtle sounds, and the second having increased depth for more exaggerated results.
However, the similarities to normal phase pedals end there. The four JET modes engage the "jet" (or fuzz) effect, and that's when things get seriously fun!
The Jet Phaser also features a RESONANCE control that's available in all six modes, allowing you to dial in varying amounts of filtered sci-fi craziness. Additionally, you get creative control of the modulation rate: the SLOW RATE knob allows you to set the main modulation speed, but hitting the FAST/SLOW foot switch always kicks the rate up to the maximum speed possible. It’s a cool design, because the change from fast to slow ramps up and down gradually like an organ’s rotary speaker. Unlike most phasers, the Jet Phaser can actually get “in-between” speeds by continuously hitting the FAST/SLOW foot switch like organ players do!
The Jet Phaser’s true bypass operation makes it easy to incorporate into any rig, and the fact that it runs at 18V gives it high headroom and pristine audio quality (it can be powered with the included 18VDC adapter or two 9V batteries). We already know it'll sound great on guitar, bass, and keys, but don't let that stop you from slapping it on a vocal track or a drum bus - use your imagination!
The Warm Audio Centavo is an accurate recreation of the most sought-after overdrive pedal of the 90's and beyond. Whether you're after the fabled clean boost tones, transparent overdrive, or you want to push your dirty channels to true grit - the Centavo has all of the adored tones of the vintage box. In addition, the Warm Audio Centavo has the infamous "MOD" selectable on the back. When in the "up" position, low-end response on the bottom strings is extended. With a true-to-original, custom-cast golden enclosure & all the signature sounds of the original, Centavo delivers an authentically legendary pedal experience
- Great for Clean & Dirty Amps: Whether you're boosting for solos, blending clean and gain, or pushing a dirty amp, the Centavo has all the tricks of the original mythical beast.
- Two Modes With Authentic Controls: The Centavo has three simple controls on the front panel - gain, treble, and output, just like the original. The Warm Audio Centavo also has a MOD switch on the back panel, extending low end response to get that desirable "throaty" sound on the lower strings.
- Faithful Recreation Of The Original Circuit: To achieve the true-to-original overdrive tone, Centavo uses carefully selected components including TL072 op amps and premium diodes that deliver those signature clean boost, edge-of breakup, and hard clipping sounds.
- Unapologetically Authentic: True to the vintage pedal design, the Centavo circuit is housed in a custom-cast golden enclosure with carefully tapered oxblood tone knobs.
- Quality Assurance in Austin TX: Like all Warm Audio gear, the Centavo is meticulously tested and inspected by real guitar players and trained technicians in Austin, TX USA.
Foxy Tone Box
The Return of a legend
The new Foxy Tone Box from Warm Audio is a hyper-accurate recreation of one of the most sought-after and beloved fuzz pedals of all time - used in the early seventies by legendary tone masters Billy Gibbons and Peter Frampton, and in the present day by folks like Adrian Belew, Nine Inch Nails and Beck. Covered in thick velvet just like the vintage pedal, the Warm Audio Foxy Tone Box faithfully recreates the vintage circuit and brings you the huge tone, octave-up sounds and look of the original…without having to pay crazy vintage prices!
Serious Attention to Detail
The specific components used in a pedal circuit are critical to the way that it sounds and reacts to your playing, so each Foxy Tone Box is assembled by hand using premium parts. We searched far and wide for a stash of the correct NOS (“New Old Stock”) Fairchild germanium transistors used in the original—and then paired them with germanium diodes, high-watt carbon resistors, and film capacitors to bring the fury of the vintage pedal to the present day. It’s true bypass, and it sounds like nothing else on earth!
Fuzz it up
Just like the original, the Foxy Tone Box features controls for Volume, Sustain, and Fuzz (from “Mellow” to “Brite”), along with a switch to engage the pronounced octave effect. From mellow and subdued crunch to all-out searing fuzz and everything in between, this pedal is a virtual library of dirt encased in orange velvet!
To get started, keep the Octave switch off and roll the Fuzz to the “Mellow” side for warm, square-wave distortion. Then engage the Octave effect, crank the Fuzz to “Brite", and increase the Sustain for maxed-out, hyper-compressed tones that are barely hanging on for dear life! Electric guitar is the obvious application, but try it on synthesizers, drum machines, bass, acoustic/electric, and more. If you can plug a cable into it, the Foxy Tone Box can add character you just can’t get anywhere else.
The Warmdrive is a true reproduction of a highly revered pedal known for delivering the tones of an unattainable overdriven amp. The original pedal is known to go from silky-smooth tones reminiscent of a special overdriven amp at the sweet spot, all the way to sustain-rich distortion.The Warmdrive combines true-to-original components & circuit design to achieve the same tone and sonic profile of the legendary pedal. The “secret sauce” of the Warmdrive, just like the original, is the unique voice/tone control combination on the stomp box. Giving artists extra versatility, this control allows the player to modify the frequency both before (Voice control) and after (Tone control) the clipping stages.
- Push & Blend Clean Tones: Whether you’re looking to dial in a transparent overdrive tone, push a tube amp to saturation, or solo with punch and clarity, the Warmdrive has all of the tones of that special overdriven amplifier.
- 4-Knob Versatility: The Warmdrive has 4 control knobs on the pedal: Volume, Tone, Gain, and Voice. Like the original, the voice knob controls the frequencies being clipped by the op-amp, delivering a tonal versatility beyond most guitar pedals. Experimenting with the voice knob can dramatically alter the overdriven bass and treble tones, making the Warmdrive experience like owning a second amp.
- True-to-Original Reproduction: The Warmdrive pairs premium components like 2N7000 MOSFETs and 1N34a Germanium / Schottky BAT41 diodes with a true-to-original circuit design to achieve the same tone and sonic profile of a very “zen” pedal.
- Stacks Easily: The Warmdrive often plays well with other dirt pedals in the chain because of its amplifier-inspired sound profile and forgiving circuit design.
- Quality Assurance in Austin TX: Like all Warm Audio gear, the Warmdrive is meticulously tested and inspected by real guitar players and trained technicians in Austin, TX USA.