Colors aside, it is virtually identical to a Virus TI Polar. The Virus TI Darkstar features a fully-fledged Virus TI sound engine in a compact and stylish housing with Aluminum side panels. The 37 keys "synth action" Keyboard has a beautiful feel to it, allowing for both fast runs and dynamic playing.
The powerful, dual DSP sound engine runs with a polyphony of anywhere between 25 and 110 parallel voices. Each and every voice can use up to four oscillators in parallel including Virtual Analogue, Wavetable, HyperSaw and Grain Oscillator models. The filter section comprises two independent multi-mode filters with optional Mini Moog emulation and self-resonance. An extensive array of parallel effects enable you to compose highly complex sounds in virtually no time.
In Multi mode, your patches sound 100% identical and include all of the effects. The 16 independent parts can be routed to 3 Stereo Analogue or 3 USB outputs streaming audio directly into your sequencer workstation. The software suite includes a VST, RTAS and AU compatible plug-in allowing for total recall, sample-accurate timing and modern automation features.
The audio inputs and outputs can be optionally used as a sound card in your sequencer. The hardware knobs can be used to either control the Virus' sound engine or compatible third party software plug-ins.
- - Virus TI Darkstar
- - Power cable
- - Printed quick start manual
- - USB cable
- - Software download instructions
- - 45 days money back no questions ask
- - 36 warranty
- - Keyboard: 37 soft action keys with aftertouch
- - Housing: Gunmetal-style industrial looking finish with special edition red logo illumination on the back
- - Dimensions: 56.5cm (22.3in) x 33.5cm (13.2in) x 11.2cm (4.4in)
- - Weight: 8.4 kg (18.5 pounds)
- - Line voltage: 100-240V AC