Anderson Guitarworks Drop Top Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Honey Shaded Figured Koa
Before the introduction of the magnificent Drop Top in 1990, the number of "S" style guitars that had a maple top that was “dropped” to create a comfortable forearm contour were exactly zero. As a result of this design, we've chosen a body top thickness of 3/16 of an inch, which actually enhances and enriches the sonic character of the instrument. The result is a guitar that not only plays effortlessly, is extremely comfortable, and sounds amazing but is so darn good looking that if you don't dress well it just may upstage you.
Dating back to the late 1950's, this is the wood found in more 3 single coil, double cut-away, 25 1/2" scale length guitars than any other. Due to its wide spread popularity it produces a very familiar tone, a "vintage tone." Its sound is primarily a thicker, midrange tone. It is very full in the low midrange yet produces enough upper midrange to be clear and articulate.
SC1: Slightly more than vintage level, single-coil sound, hum-canceling (great for neck and middle application).
HC 2: Our other most popular humbucker, perhaps. Who wouldn’t love a medium-hot output package with all the vintage flavor firmly in place, wound to create a full bouquet of tonalities. Muscular mids with a smattering of lush and soft highlights so it is impressively musical, with never a hint of that “oops, I accidentally sat on a duck,” tone. Beautiful from all tonal angles.
Position 1: Neck Pickup
Position 2: Neck + Middle Pickups
Position 3: Middle PickupPosition 3 (alternate): Neck + Bridge Pickups
Position 4: Middle + Bridge Pickups
Position 5: Bridge Pickup
- Model: Drop Top HSS
- Color: Honey Shaded Edge
- Top: Figured Koa
- Body: Alder
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck: Caramel (roasted) Maple - Satin
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 12" - 14" Compound
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Neck Profile: Even Taper + .030 - .840 at the first fret to .900 at the 12th
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Neck and Middle Pickups: SC1 Single-Coils
- Bridge Pickup: HC2 Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone (push/pull for alternate 3rd position pickup configuration)
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Pickup Selector
- Mini-Toggle Switch for Bridge Coil-Split
- Bridge: Vintage Tremolo
- Tuners: Locking
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Case: Black Tolex Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.2 lbs.