Anderson Guitarworks Drop Top Guitar, Rosewood Fretboard, Tiger Eye Surf
Before the introduction of the magnificent Drop Top in 1990, the number of "S" style guitars that had a maple top that was “dropped” to create a comfortable forearm contour were exactly zero. As a result of this design, we've chosen a body top thickness of 3/16 of an inch, which actually enhances and enriches the sonic character of the instrument. The result is a guitar that not only plays effortlessly, is extremely comfortable, and sounds amazing but is so darn good looking that if you don't dress well it just may upstage you.
- SC 1: Slightly more than vintage level, single coil sound, hum-canceling (great for neck and middle application).
- HC 3+: The HC Series solution to hot output, with vintage character still nicely intact. Just pushes the front of the amp a touch more or when a bit more musical muscle is needed. Like the HC 3 but with a bit more oomph.
- Model: Drop Top
- Color: Tiger Eye Surf
- Top Wood: Quilt Maple
- Binding: Natural
- Back Wood: Alder
- Back Color: Tiger Eye Surf
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 12" - 14" Compound
- Neck Shape: Even-Taper - .810 @ 1st fret to .870 @ 12th fret
- Frets: 24 Heavy Stainless Steel
- Nut: 1 11/16" Bone
- Pickups: SC1, SC1, HC3+
- Controls: Volume, Tone (push/pull for N+B 3rd position configuration)
- Mini-Toggle: Humbucker Splitter
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Anderson Tremolo
- Tuners: Anderson Locking
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: .010-.046 Elixir
- Case: Black Tolex Deluxe Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs.