Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Stereo Headphones with Carry Bag, 600-ohm
THE CULT OBJECT - TESTED AND LAUDED BY MUSIC LOVERS
The DT 990 Edition over-ear headphones have been winning the hearts of countless music enthusiasts since the 1980s
The DT 990 Edition has been an integral part of beyerdynamic's portfolio for more than 20 years – not that this has detracted at all from its popularity: music lovers galore continue to value the stereo headphones as a reliable companion. Boasting vibrant and natural sound, these headphones know how to impress and are also ideally suited for many music styles. Because all components and replacement parts are always available, you are guaranteed a product that is exceptionally durable.
The DT 990 Edition comes in an open back design. This means that background noise outside the headphones remains clearly discernible even at higher volumes. This design lends the music a feeling of a wide soundstage, an appreciation of space that gives almost the same sense of enjoyment as listening to music with loudspeakers. The sound is spectacular. Distinctive highs and intense bass combine to produce a perfect richness of sound that delights rock and pop enthusiasts in particular.
MADE IN GERMANY
The quality pledge "Made in Germany" starts with the high-quality of the built-in parts. The next step includes hand crafting in Germany, where the product is produced with care and attention to detail. Finally, our products are characterised by durability, since many parts can be exchanged and replaced.
EXCELLENT WEARING COMFORT
The flexible headband and silky-smooth ear pads ensure wearing comfort "par excellence". The ear pads are known for their breathable and skin-friendly velour, enabling the listener to enjoy music for hours without any excessive build-up of heat. Thanks to the combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminium, the premium headphones ensure a pleasant fit even for long listening sessions.
DIFFERENCES COMPARED TO DT 990 PRO
The DT 990 Edition and the DT 990 PRO are identical when it comes to sound. Identically designed acoustic transducers are used. However, the Edition models have a somewhat softer headband for enjoying music at home while the PRO headset has a slightly tighter fit on the head so that it doesn't move even in case of faster movements in everyday studio use. Moreover, the PRO version is supplied with a coiled cable and the Edition version with a straight cable.
- Open over-ear headphones for music enjoyment at home on a stereo system
- The excellent sound is especially beloved of pop and rock enthusiasts thanks to distinctive highs and intense bass tones
- The open design of the headphones lends the music an especially spacious sound, almost like with speakers
- High-quality materials ensure optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Made in Germany offers the promise of durability and optimum quality
- OPERATING PRINCIPLE: Open
- TRANSMISSION TYPE: Wired
- REMOTE: Without Remote
- WEIGHT HEADPHONES WITHOUT CABLE: 290 g
- HEADPHONE FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 5 - 35.000 Hz
- NOMINAL SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL: 96 dB
- SOUND COUPLING TO THE EAR: Circumaural (around the ear)
- CABLE & PLUGS: traight connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & ¼“ adapter (6.35 mm)
- ARTICLE NO.DT : 990 Select Option