The Cloak began after unearthing some ancient texts containing some forbidden incantations on how to introduce spectral elements within a decaying echo. Ok, we’re embellishing a bit; but the inspiration came from the land of academia and the acoustics department at Stanford, where a treatise on the optimal shimmer effect was penned a handful of years back. In a similar pursuit of perfection, we’ve drawn inspiration from a combination of research and our own endeavors to craft a truly superb take on shimmer reverb. At its core, the Cloak is a “room” style reverb that sounds amazing on its own, but with a twist of the Shimmer knob, rich, harmonically-laden overtones creep in, emphasizing three different orders of harmonics within the trails. A specially-designed low-pass filter steps in and smooths the harmonics out before they get too out of hand and wreck up the signal path. The size of the room can be effortlessly dialed in, from a cramped broom closet to as close to infinity as we can possibly muster. This comes in handy when deciding on which type of switching you prefer; the Cloak offers up true bypass switching that cuts off the reverb trails when the Cloak is disengaged, or buffered bypass, which keeps the decay going even after switching off—your pick. Either way you slice it, the Cloak is ready to impart a little black magic unto your rig.
- NAME: Cloak Reverb & Shimmer
- STREET PRICING: $209.99 (regular retail price)
- TYPE: Room reverb with blendable shimmer.
- UPC: 853710004789
- QUICK PITCH: With the ability to dial in a virtual room size and a surgical high-cut within a blendable shimmer effect, the Cloak reverb is a must-have for your always-on or dynamic soundscaping needs.
- TOTAL BOX WEIGHT: 11.8 oz
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS: 1.96” X 2.36" X 4.33"