DSM & Humboldt Electronics ClearComp 1078 Compressor Guitar Effect Pedal
The ClearComp is a super transparent compressor with a unique Dynamic Threshold topology engineered and developed by DSM & Humboldt. Most compressors dynamically reduce the gain progressively as the level rises above the threshold. Our DT Topology dynamically modifies the threshold with a fixed gain reduction, achieving a natural and transparent compression eﬀect with a lower noise floor, less coloring and higher dynamic range.
A multicolor 5-stage LED bar graph is featured to visualize the resulting envelope level in real time.
The ClearComp features a full set of controls:
- Compression: Controls the input gain of the compressor, hence, the resulting overall compression.
- Ratio: Adjusts the gain reduction ratio, from slight compression (1:2) to full limiting (1:20).
- Attack: Controls the attack time, from 5ms for snappy slaps to 100ms for a more natural feel.
- Release: Adjusts the length of time the gain reduction is applied, from 30 ms to 3s.
- Blend: Blends the compressed signal with the unaﬀected input signal.
- Level: Sets the output level of the compressor.
- Threshold switch: 3 position switch that sets the starting point of the dynamic threshold on either HI MID or LOW. depending on the output level of the instrument being connected, select HI for high power pickups or active instruments, MID for regular output guitar and basses, and LOW for low output instruments, like vintage single coils.
9V to 18V, 100mA Regulated, center negative DC power supply (not included)