Ball Family Reserve is a celebration of our heritage in instrument craftsmanship which features some of the finest figured tone woods and finishes available. These rare pieces are offered in limited production runs and allow us to present instruments to the public that were previously reserved for family and our loyal artists.
The Ball family is the last of a dying breed, a family business making premium guitars and basses on the California central coast since 1984. Sterling Ball, alongside his sons Brian and Scott, combine the laser precision of robotics and old-world hand craftsmanship to develop innovative instrument designs that push the boundaries of performance and playability.
NO INLAY OR FRET MARKERS
The omission of the first position Majesty inlay and position fret markers gives this guitar a very streamlined aesthetic.
All black hardware includes bridge, knobs, tuners, switches, pole pieces and backplates including a tremolo cover hand-signed by John Petrucci.
GREMILN SPARKLE FINISH
Features a striking Gremiln Sparkle finish covering the entire body, headstock, and back of the neck.
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240
- Body Wood: Basswood and mahogany through neck
- Body Color: Gremlin Sparkle
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
- Frets: 24
- Fingerboard Finish: Oil and Wax
- Nut Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Tuning Machine type: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Bridge type: Custom John Petrucci Music Man floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Pickup Color: Black
- Hardware Finish: Matte Black
- Controls: Custom Music Man active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Instrument Weight: 7.1 lbs
|Free Shipping Excluded||No|