Ernie Ball Music Man Exclusive Run Luke III Guitar, Trans Gold, Japanese Maple, Roasted Flame Maple Neck and Fingerboard
Steve Lukather, the guitarist best known for his work with the rock band Toto, has been setting the bar higher and higher over the years with his own style of blistering style of rock fusion, not to mention his impressive work in the studio. He's been a long time endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars and his signature axes are no different from the ones he wields on stage. So what does that mean for you? It means you're looking at the same axe he's playing when he tearing apart one of your favorite tunes live on stage.
The L III features a slightly larger body than the standard model (3% larger in fact) and features an African mahogany body, a roasted flame maple neck and fretboard, 22 frets and 2 DiMarzio humbuckers with a custom Music Man active preamp. There is a quick release compartment for the 9volt battery that powers the preamp so you'll never have to worry about messing around too much on a gig if the battery gets low. Quick and easy!
For controls the L III features a master volume and a passive tone control. The added push/push on the tone knob gives you an adjustable 12 db boost that throws the guitar into fire-breathing mode - trust us, you're gonna love this! The push/push design is fairly ingenious. In the middle of a solo or song when you need that special boost you don't have to worry about finding the knob and pulling up on it. You just push down on it and it immediately springs up turning your guitar into a raging rock machine.
Special features in this exclusive Luke III are:
- Hand Selected Japanese Maple
- Custom Trans Gold Finish
- Hand Selected Roasted Flame Maple Neck and Fretboard
- Black Hardware
- Clean Fretboard (no inlays)
- Model: Luke III Exclusive Run
- Color: Trans Gold
- Top: Japanese Maple
- Body: African Mahogany
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Low Profile Wide, Stainless Steel
- Nut Width: 1 5/8"
- Inlays: None (black side dots)
- Pickups: DiMarzio Transition (matte black covers)
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm passive tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Pickup Selector: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Color: Black
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® floating vintage tremolo, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Certificate of Authenticity Included
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs.