The 60th Anniversary Jaguar models celebrate the introduction of Fender’s top-of-the-line offset instrument of 1962. The Jaguar was introduced as Fender’s premium offering and was advertised as a “faster, more comfortable guitar.”
The 60th Anniversary Jaguar is instantly recognizable with its iconic offset-waist body, slinky 24” short scale, elegant bound rosewood fingerboard inlaid with pearloid block position markers and matching painted headstock. Other era correct details include an alder body with nitrocellulose lacquer finish, lead/rhythm circuit, ""F"" tuners and Jaguar tremolo system with adjustable string mute.
A pair of 60th Anniversary Jaguar pickups provide a host of inspiring tones, ranging from slashing rhythm sounds to round, warm lead tones. The guitar features an engraved neckplate with a 60th anniversary logo, which is also embroidered on the interior of the included hardshell case. Offered in two vintage-inspired colors, Mystic Dakota Red and Mystic Lake Placid Blue, this model will be available in very limited numbers.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- '60s "C”-shaped neck profile; 7.25”-radius fingerboard
- Pearloid block position marker inlays on a bound neck with matching painted headstock.
- Two 60th Anniversary single-coil Jaguar pickups
- Lead/rhythm circuit; bass-cut “strangle” switch
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case with 60th Anniversary embroidery
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
’60’S "C” NECK SHAPE
This Jaguar features a “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the 1960s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
This circuit makes it easy to dial in preset rhythm and lead sounds and switch between the two on the fly—great for live performances.
60TH ANNIVERSARY SINGLE-COIL JAGUAR PICKUPS
These specially voiced pickups are crafted to capture the articulate mid 60’s tone that made Fender instruments famous.
BOUND FINGERBOARD WITH BLOCKS INLAYS
First featured on Jaguars in the mid-60’s, block inlays and neck binding add a touch of class and an upscale vibe to this already stunning instrument.
This guitar features authentic vintage-style Fender hardware. From the floating tremolo to the string mute to the “F”-stamped tuning machines, every piece is just like the original.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 Jaguar® “C”
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Lam Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Side Dots: Black
- Bridge Pickup: 60th Anniversary Jaguar® Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: 60th Anniversary Jaguar® Single-Coil
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Auxillary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Threaded Steel Saddles and Included Adjustable Bridge Mute
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style with 60th Anniversary Engraving
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Deluxe Hardshell with Embroidered 60th Anniversary Logo