Welcome to the Troposphere. The lowest layer of our Earth’s atmosphere lies just below the Stratosphere and is the place where earthy sounds meet the cosmos. The Limited Edition Tropo Strat features a new set of pickups that deliver those cosmic tones to the most discerning ear. Developed in the Custom Shop by master builder Paul Waller, Tropo Strat pickups are underwound, sweet-sounding pickups that allow more headroom with overdriven sounds and clean up for the most delicate tones to emerge. It’s a calibrated pickup set with ’50s-style formvar wire on the bridge pickup, a reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup, and ’60s-style enamel wire on the neck pickup.
The Troposphere Strat features a two-piece off-center-seam alder body and single-piece tinted rift-sawn maple neck with a ’57 soft “V” back-shape, 7.25”-9.5” fingerboard radius and 21 medium vintage frets. Tropo pickups feature five-way switching and vintage modified #2 wiring with tone-saver treble bleed. Other features include a single-ply eggshell pickguard, hardtail Strat bridge with “Pat-Pend” saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- Model: Custom Shop Troposphere Stratocaster
- Color: Sonic Blue
- Body: Alder - sorted for lightweight
- Pickguard: Parchment
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck: Rift Sawn Maple
- Finish: Medium Tint Nitro
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: 21, Medium Vintage
- Neck Profile: 1957 Soft Style "V"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Back of Headstock: Custom Shop Limited Edition Logo
- Pickups: Hand-Wound Tropo Single-Coils
- Knobs: Vol, Tone, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Tuners: Vintage Style
- Bridge: Custom Shop Hardtail
- Hardware Finish: Aged
- Case: Brown Custom Shop Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity, Spec Sheet, Limited Edition Certificate, and Case Candy Included
- Instrument Weight: 7 lbs.