FGN JIL2ASHDE664G Iliad Guitar, Granadillo Fretboard, Open Pore Black
Circle Fretting System (C.F.S.)
All FGN guitars and basses come with a unique Circle Fretting System (C.F.S.). It was created by FGN based on an idea to offer better pitch and articulation than conventional guitars and basses. All frets are installed on fingerboard in slightly curved shape, so that every string crosses all the frets in 90 degrees, i.e. to offer a minimum contact of string on a fret, and it makes the scale length of every string even while it actually varies on conventional fretting. The C.F.S. is a solution of fretting on a traditional guitar and bass and it offers clearer articulation and tones which give dimension when you play a cord and also cut through the mix when you play single notes.
Compound radius fingerboard
The compound radius fingerboard has smaller (rounder) radius towards nut while larger (flatter) radius towards neck end i.e. similar to a shape of a cone.This allows for much easier chord playing at lower frets while having less stress, especially when bending strings at higher registers.
- Construction: Bolt-on Neck
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple U-Shape
- Fingerboard: Granadillo
- Scale: 26.14" (664mm)
- Frets: 24F Jumbo C.F.S.
- Tuners: GOTOH® SG381-07 MG-T
- Bridge: FGN FB-S05
- Hardware Color: Black
- Pickup (Neck): FISHMAN® Fluence Modern Humbucker Alnico PRF-MHB-AB1
- Pickup (Bridge): FISHMAN® Fluence Modern Humbucker Ceramic PRF-MHB-CB1
- Controls: 1Volume, 1Tone w/ Push-Pull SW (Voice Select), 3Way Lever SW
- Body Finish: Open Pore Matte
- Strings: D'Addario EXL116 (.011-.052)
- Others: Factory Tuning : DropC (1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6C)
- Accessories: Original Gig Bag
- Color: OPB (Open Pore Black)