If you're looking for a boutique example of just how nice an Ibanez guitar can be, then look no further!
We're proud to present this J.Custom RG8570Z in a stunning, vintage-reminiscent Brownish Sphalerite finish that simply has one of the fastest and most shred-ready necks ever put on a guitar with hardware and pickups that will complement the beautiful styling.
Make no mistake about it, this guitar wants to be played fast. It's designed from top to bottom to make shredding at breakneck speeds easier than ever.
At the heart of the guitar is the tried-and-true Air Norton, True Velvet, and Tone Zone DiMarzio set of pickups that Ibanez tends to use on their J.Custom instruments, and for good reason - the combination of warmth and clarity in the Air Norton neck, the spankiness of the True Velvet, and the power and punch of the Tone Zone can cover any genre from jazz to death metal.
The Edge Zero bridge gives you infinite flexibility with your tremolo. Whether you're dive-bombing like a stunt pilot or just laying down some light flutter, you'll never have to worry about sacrificing intonation.
This guitar wants you to play it fast and it wants to hit the front end of your amp hard. That's what it was designed to do and it does it extraordinarily well. But unlike a lot of shredder axes out there, you can also clean up really nicely and the pickups have a sweet enough mid-range where you can get beautiful clean sounds when you aren't trying to melt faces.
This is a thoroughly custom-shop quality instrument. It's quite versatile while still being oriented for more modern and aggressive styles of playing. Perfect for somebody that wants to look great on the big stage but needs playability and tone that will back that up! The J.Custom Ibanez guitars are the best production Ibanez guitars that money can buy.
The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
- Select Macassar Ebony fretboard with Flamed Maple binding and Tree Of Life inlay.
All Access Neck Joint
- J.Custom special neck joint offers superior playability at the high frets.
AAA Flamed Maple top / African Mahogany body
- A Flamed Maple top and African Mahogany back body provides rich low end and a crisp high end.
J.Custom Special Neck
- RG J.Custom Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Wenge neck includes Jumbo frets finished with J.Custom special fret edge treatment for super smooth,comfortable performance. "Velvetouch" finish on neck back ensures "just right" feel and ease of play.
Easy Access Control Knobs
- Recessed control knobs for better playability.
- The DiMarzio® Air Norton™, True Velvet™ and Tone Zone® pickups offer depth, warmth and rich dynamics when combined with the 5-way pickup switch.
ZPS3 Zero Point System
The ZPS3 is the next stage of zero point systems. Made of lightweight Duralumin, the addition of two outer springs makes the guitar easier to tune and provides much greater tuning stability. In fact, the other strings will stay in tune even if you break a string. If you prefer a full floating tremolo setup, simply remove the stop bar.
The Edge-Zero has a sharp knife-edge for extremely accurate tremolo playing. This tremolo also uses Ibanez innovations to keep string action constant and the bridge surface smooth. The specially designed arm socket prevents unnecessary wobble from the arm while providing full control over the arm's torque.
- Top: AAA Flame Maple
- Body: African Mahogany
- neck type: RG J.Custom Super Wizard / 5pc Maple/Wenge neck
- fretboard: Bound Macassar Ebony fretboard + Tree of Life inlay
- fret: Jumbo frets
- Scale: 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 17mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 19mm at 12F
- Radius: 430mmR
- nut: Locking
- hardware color: Cosmo black
- bridge: Edge-Zero tremolo bridge w/ZPS3
- string space: 10.8mm
- neck pickup: DiMarzio® Air Norton™ (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- middle pickup: DiMarzio® True Velvet™ (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- bridge pickup: DiMarzio® The Tone Zone® (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Volume, Tone, 5-Way Switch (JEM wiring)
- factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs