What’s New in version 5.5
AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 now includes the popular AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 2 collection plus all 4 virtual X-GEAR pedals for a total of 435 gear models to explore.
AmpliTube 5.5 adds seamless integration with TONEX, the complete ecosystem that lets you model your own own rig and play, practice and record with thousands of ultra-realistic Tone Models of amps and pedals. More info on TONEX HERE.
You’ll find a new TONEX amplifier and pedal within the AmpliTube 5.5 gear browser, complete with a drop-down menu to explore the over 1,000 Premium Tone Models available and the growing number of user-created Tone Models on ToneNET.
Tone Models function just like other AmpliTube amp and pedals. They can be used alongside any gear models you own to build custom signal chains and save as presets for easy recall.
Legendary guitar/bass gear on your Mac/PC
Captures the sound, feel and vibe of over 400 of the most sought-after guitar & bass gear ever.
Developed with top brands & artists
Official gear from icons like Fender®, Mesa/Boogie®, Orange®, Slash, Brian May, Joe Satriani and many more.
Covers the entire signal chain
Stomps, amps, cabs, speakers, mics, rooms and rack FX all in one interface, all routed the way you want.
All-in-one recording & performance studio
With an 8-track recorder + DAW, looper, tuner, practice tools and live features all in one.
Powerful recording in your favorite DAW
Works as an AAX / VST / AU plug-in to create killer guitar tracks anywhere.
The most realistic tones ever
IK’s DIM™ and VIR™ technology ensures AmpliTube nails the tone and feel of every piece of gear like never before.
What's new in AmpliTube 5
All new signal chain & routing freedom
An all-new drag & drop signal chain supports up to 57 simultaneous models, series / parallel routing and blended DI signal for unprecedented creative freedom.
New Cabinet section with VIR™ technology
Powerful new “Volumetric Impulse Response” radically transforms all 100+ cabinets in AmpliTube 5 with over 143,000 impulse response measurements in all.
Custom IR loader
Load, tilt and re-size your own impulse responses in place of any cabinet.
New Mixer with built-in effects
A new mixer lets you easily blend multiple cabs, mics and DI, with 23 new mixing effects, including some from T-RackS 5 to add a final studio sheen to any track.
129 brand new models, including 2 new stomps, 5 acclaimed amps, 2 new rooms, 23 new rack FX and over 100 completely re-captured cabinets.
Totally re-designed Custom Shop
Adds a more modern, easy-to-navigate design, and allows users to demo and unlock gear faster than ever.
The highest standard of accuracy and realism
Forged by 20 years of research and collaboration with the industry's top brands and artists, IK's Dynamic Interaction Modeling™ captures every nuance of each gear model. And AmpliTube 5 premieres our Volumetric Impulse Response™ engine, leveraging over 600 distinct impulse responses per speaker to set a new standard in cabinet sampling.
Over 400 gear models, right at your fingertips
AmpliTube 5 offers the industry’s widest selection of stomps, amps, cabs, speakers, mics, and rack FX. Mix and match to your heart’s content to duplicate any tone with stunning authenticity or forge your own unique sonic combinations.
Play, practice and record with powerful tools
AmpliTube 5 offers powerful tools whatever your goals. With an 8-track recorder with integrated DAW and mixer, it’s the ideal musical scratch pad; an advanced looper for songwriting or jamming, high-precision UltraTuner, stage-ready Live Mode and much more, AmpliTube 5 offers a powerful collection of tools.
- Universal upgrade from any previous version of AmpliTube
- Restores all your gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop
- Works as a standalone application and as a plug-in in your favorite DAW
- Live performance mode with preset switching via MIDI control in standalone version
- Fully redesigned Graphical User Interface with resizable display
- Huge database of presets with gear-oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function and more
- Proprietary DSM™ and VRM™ technologies deliver hyper-realistic, real-world gear emulations
- Dynamic Response Modeling provides improved amp response and feel across the entire signal chain
- Fully redesigned power amp section for new and legacy gear with impedance matching
- Simplified signal chain creation and management with custom routing options
- Expanded rig with up to 57 simultaneous FX
- New effects in the mixing section derived from T-RackS
- Stereo signal path makes the effects chain suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- New VIR™ Volumetric Impulse Response cabinet engine
- New impulse response loader with up to 2,400 impulse responses per cabinet
- New custom user-supplied impulse response loader and editor
- Individual speakers can be swapped to any cabinet position (on 12” speaker models)
- Up to 31 individual speaker models available with more added to Custom Shop
- Two movable cab mics allow you to precisely mic the speaker cabinet
- Two movable ambient mics allow you to adjust the impact of the selected room
- Built-in 8-track multitrack recorder DAW in standalone operation
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer tool for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch
- Export loops to hard drive and import into the DAW section
- Import audio to track 1 in looper for playing over backing track loop
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- Built-in Custom Shop offers access to the full range of AmpliTube gear for free trial and purchase
- Integrates perfectly with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested). Windows® 7 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.
Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.