Analog tape-based sampling reborn
SampleTron 2 combines the powerful sound engine of IK’s award-winning SampleTank 4 with our industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ‘60s and ‘70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
This comprehensive collection features deep sampling of vintage Mellotron® and Chamberlin tapes, a collection of new acoustic “non-Tron” sounds with tape processing, and now enables you to load your own samples and create modern audiophile Tron sounds that are uniquely yours.
From gothic to gritty
SampleTron 2 comes with a vast library of over 400 “tracks” that you can load into any preset—up to 3 at once—and then individually process with IK’s cutting-edge tape modeling DSP for ultimate tone-shaping flexibility.
While an extensive collection of new, original samples of vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin are included, SampleTron 2 also shines where it processes our non-Tron material. Here you’ll gain access to exciting new sounds with the choir, strings, brass, organ, piano, bass, and even synths and vocoders that all come with SampleTron 2.
We’ve also added vintage digital sample-based instruments such as the Mattel Optigan, Vako Orchestron and 360 Systems Digital Keyboard to give your creativity more options than any other Tron collection. And to complete the circle, you’ll find the full content of the much-revered original IK SampleTron product to bring legacy users totally up to date.
Authentic sound and vibe
In addition to sounding better than ever, SampleTron 2 looks the part with a gorgeous interface that’s true to the original instruments, remaining simple and intuitive to use. All 10 models are gloriously detailed and designed to give you the immersive experience of using actual vintage gear, even to the point of exposing their inner workings, all while maintaining uniform ease of use and functionality across the board.
Make it your Tron
All controls are intuitive to use with old-school looks that belie some ground-breaking engineering. Like the original Mellotron hardware, there are three available tracks for each preset. You can load any of the included tracks without having to fudge the track selector to combine them.
In addition to the included library, the ‘tron characteristics can be applied to any sound. Your own samples can now be easily loaded and mapped to take full advantage of the tape processing sound using IK’s industry-leading tape modeling technology. A panel of global controls along with six tape controls let you dial in exactly the right mood.
All the tools you need
When you want to fine-tune the sound further, SampleTron 2’s edit mode lets you dive deep into the preset parameters with controls for volume, pan, fine tune, transpose and high and low note range for each Track. You’ll also find additional synthesizer-style controls including a filter with selectable type and an amplitude envelope with velocity control for each track individually or all tracks combined. With SampleTron 2, you can truly invent your own Tron sound.
Effects like no other
SampleTron 2 includes a powerful set of effects to give each performance exactly the depth and dimension your music needs. Effects include a Channel Strip equalizer and compressor, Tape Echo, Multimod—with selectable chorus, ensemble, flanger, phaser, Uni-V and Rotary Speaker—and the new Vintage Plate Reverb that’s based on the Plate algorithm developed for AmpliTube 5 and MixBox. These are great-sounding effects that leverage IK’s expertise in the field, and we’ve chosen the ones that complement SampleTron 2 perfectly.
SampleTron 2 works as a standalone app or as a plug-in, and it can also be used as a library in SampleTank 4* to expand its world of sounds. There you can make deeper edits, add more effects and play multiple instances of the 3-track SampleTron 2 presets on multiple MIDI channels, all with the convenience and processing power of our popular song and groove workstation.
Get started with SampleTank 4 Custom Shop*, our free version that offers you all the features of the new SampleTank 4 engine and over 4 GB of fresh sounds.
- Deep multi-sampled collection of 10 classic tape-based and early digital samplers
- Additional collection of modern acoustic instruments to use with tape processing
- Includes complete legacy library from SampleTron 1
- State-of-the-art analog tape modeling based on T-RackS Tape Collection technology
- Easily import user samples and apply tape modeling processing
- Mix and match sounds from all models and user samples in 3 tracks for layers and splits
- 6 instrument-specific top-quality effects derived from AmpliTube, T-RackS and Syntronik
- Analog modeled synthesizer filters from Syntronik for additional coloration
- MIDI Learn functionality allows any parameter to be assigned to an incoming MIDI controller message
- Browser search by category or model to find sounds in seconds
- Optimized resizable interface
- Load SampleTron 2 sounds into SampleTank 4.1.4 (or later) for more expandability
- Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 10 GB of hard drive space.
- Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
- Runs natively on Apple’s M1 processors.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7 or later. 10 GB of hard drive space.
- Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.