Control for frequency and dynamics
This three-band peak limiter can make the mix louder by reducing unwanted peaks.
The peak limiting action is performed separately on three separate bands (low, mid, high) whose width can be set by adjusting the two crossover frequency controls.
Each of the three bands has separate controls (threshold and level) to tailor the limiting action as precise as needed by the program material it's used on. Input drive and time constant controls are common to the three bands.
You will have a very loud master, without clipping, though as with any of these processors, use care and not to over-do it. Leaving the output knob set to 0 dB means that the limiter output signal can't go beyond -0.05 dBfs.
This kind of limiter is particularly useful to control audio material where processing needs to be applied only in certain spots, or where an EQ wouldn't fit, being not dynamic (such as in live recorded material where frequency content may drastically change over time). By carefully setting each band's threshold and level the limiting action will only take place when a selected band's level goes beyond the set threshold. This allows very powerful frequency conscious dynamics control.
Also Include in
- T-RackS 5 SE
- T-RackS 5 v2
- T-RackS 5 MAX v2
- Total Studio 4 MAX
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application and as plug-in
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
T-RackS 5 is a 64-bit application and requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or Windows®
- 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.