Get down. Way down.
Get juice and squelch. Throbbing Drive. Greasy fatness. Liquid ooze. And all in genuine analog warmth and studio quality clarity.
KORG’s minilogue – with its completely unique analog signal path, compact format, easytoplay slim keys, and extensive sound capabilities – is one of the most popular, best selling synthesizers in music history.
Now welcome the incredible limited edition minilogue bass; designed and voiced to add inspirational bass into your music.
minilogue bass features programs created by a specially selected group of bass playing and programming pros from around the world so you get a big variety of rich, analog synth bass sounds that will inspire you and help your music stand out.
Now’s the time to step outside the box and get down with the limited edition minilogue bass
Featuring bass preset programs developed with pro bassists and synth programmers
All of the programs on the minilogue bass have been optimized by professional bass players and synth programmers to fit perfectly into any recording or performance although they can all be edited and customized to your taste. You can change the thickness of the sound using the VCOs and voice mode, the brightness of the sound using the filter and so on. All of the 100 presets were newly created just for the minilogue bass and you can save up to 200 of your own sounds (100 preset programs and 100 user programs).
In addition, all the programs for the original minilogue will also work perfectly in the minilogue bass giving you access to a huge library of sounds covering all possible music and sound genres.
A powerful sound that’s only possible using authentic analog circuitry
The minilogue bass analog synthesizer circuitry generates sound that can’t be recreated on digital hardware and software synths, notably thickness, loudness and a massive sonic pallet of additional harmonics. And the intuitive, editable panel interface allows quick changes when playing live or in the studio.
The minilogue bass includes two VCOs, a VCF, two EGs, a VCA and an LFO and features the unique wave shaping pioneered in the minilogue for generating oscillator harmonics, as well as multiple ways to modulate the sound including cross modulation, oscillator sync and a surprisingly powerful ring modulator. The highpass filter features delay to expand the sonic possibilities.
Eight voice modes
The fourvoice polyphonic structure and eight voice modes inherited from the minilogue make it less likely that each sound will get cut off when you play, and also create an even more robust sound when you stack voices. You can trigger various effects with the press of a button, such as UNISON (which produces thick bass and lead sounds), MONO (which adds a suboscillator that plays an octave lower and works great for bass), and DELAY that you can trigger while delaying the sound.
- POLY: works as a fourvoice poly synth
- DUO: works as a poly synth with two voices stacked in unison
- UNISON: plays all voices in unison, as a mono synth
- MONO: operates as a mono synth with suboscillator
- CHORD: plays chords
- DELAY: voices 2–4 play in delayed sequence after voice 1 plays
- ARP: plays the arpeggiator (maximum of 4 voices)
- SIDE CHAIN: lowers the volume of the previouslyplayed voice when a new voice is played
16step sequencer onboard
The minilogue bass features an onboard sequencer that can memorize what you play in 16 steps. This polyphonic sequencer also includes motion sequence functionality, which memorizes the motions of up to four knobs or switches. With the sequencer, you can do realtime recording with overdub and step recording, and automatically play back repeated phrases while you use the keyboard to change the root position.
Oscilloscope for visualizing the sound
The built in OLED (Organic EL Display) features an oscilloscope function which displays sound as waveforms. Being able to view changes in the parameters in real time provides great visual feedback as well as being addictive fun!
Designed with a visually striking presence
The top panel of the minilogue bass sports a rather unusual character representing a visual sense of a swelling synth bass sound. What’s more, the black and red inverted colors on the keys help to reduce the “hard to play” feeling some musicians have towards “black and white keys” providing an approachable and enjoyable instrument. The redcolored wood rear panel completes the hightoned and stylish design of the minilogue bass.
minilogue bass Sound Librarian
The minilogue bass Sound Librarian lets you easily reorder and organize the programs inside your minilogue bass and has the functionality to save your program library on your computer. In addition to managing your programs, it is used to load factory and bonus libraries distributed by KORG. Also note that you can load in any of your existing minilogue sounds into minilogue bass through the Librarian.
- Keyboard: 37-keys (Slim-key, velocity sensitive)
- Sound Generation: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 200 programs (100 Presets / 100 Users)
- Each program includes voice mode and sequence data settings
- Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- Voice Modes
- 8 modes (Poly, Duo, Unison, Mono, Chord, Delay, Arp, Side Chain)
- VOICE MODE DEPTH can vary different parameters in each mode
- Main Synthesis Parameter
- VCO1: Octave, Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Pitch, Shape
- VCO2: Octave, Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Pitch, Shape
- VCO2 MODULATION: Cross Mod Depth, Pitch EG Int, Sync, Ring
- MIXER: VCO1, VCO2, Noise
- FILTER: Cutoff, Resonance, EG Int, Filter Type (2-Pole, 4-Pole), Keytrack, Velocity
- AMP EG: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- EG: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- LFO: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), EG Mod (Int, Rate, Off), Rate, Int, Target (Pitch, Shape, Cutoff)
- DELAY: Hi Pass Cutoff, Time, Feedback, Output Routing (Post Filter, Pre Filter, Bypass)
- 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
- 41 dedicated panel controls deliver immediate parameter access
- A slider can control different parameters for each program
- Display: Real-time OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes
- Headphones (6.3mm stereo phone jack)
- Output (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
- Audio In (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- USB Type B
- Power Supply: AC adapter (DC9V)
- Power Consumption: 8 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 500 x 300 x 85 mm / 19.69" x 11.81" x 3.35"
- Weight: 2.8 kg / 6.17 lbs.
- Included Items: AC adapter