Analog for All…Again!
Meet monologue; the new, completely programmable, true-analog monophonic synthesizer from Korg.
While sharing its sleek layout, knob-per-function workflow and high-quality construction with the best-selling minilogue, monologue is a truly unique new synth for all types of musicians; featuring new voicing and sound sculpting abilities, an updated step sequencer, an all-new micro-tuning feature and more – at an amazing price.
A Fully Programmable Analog Synth
monologue gives you knob-per-function programmability, so you can create everything from crushing basses to crisp leads and complex rhythmic soundscapes quickly and easily. Even better, monologue has 100 program locations (80 preset + 20 user); a first for an analog keyboard at its price. Each location can also retain its own 16-step sequence, including motion sequence automation.
A New Voice Above the Crowd
monologue’s engine starts with the same ground-up synthesis design that made the Korg minilogue famous, and adds features focused on amazing monophonic sounds. A new 2-pole VCF provides added bite, and a new analog Drive circuit delivers further punch and richness. The LFO has expanded control capabilities as well; with higher rates for deeper modulation possibilities.
Want to go “microtonal?” monologue’s new micro tuning feature - with a separate tuning per note - offers everything from slight detunes to all-out dissonance. In addition to factory scales, monologue has 12 user-savable scale locations. And don’t worry; monologue offers the same self-tuning circuit as minilogue, so you can always expect solid, well-tempered tuning - not “temperamental tuning” - when you’re not exploring alternate ones.
Step Sequencing, Stepped-Up
monologue offers a powerful 16-step sequencer with a dedicated button per step for added ease of editing. It features motion sequencing with editing and the ability to “lock” parameters with individual steps. The sequencer also offers on-the-fly transposition via key triggering. All of these powerful new features can be used together to create complex, musical, and deeply dialed-in patterns.
In addition to 5-pin In/Out and USB MIDI, monologue includes Audio Sync connectivity which allows it to play in time and integrate seamlessly with Korg volcas, electribes, minilogue and SQ-1. Use the monologue with your DAW as both a USB MIDI controller or a versatile analog voice. Send clock over USB and use Audio Sync to chain monologue’s clock to other Audio Sync-equipped products.
The Key of “E”
monologue features a 25-key version of the same great-feeling key bed as minilogue – with a twist: Instead of traditional C to C octaves, monologue is laid out E to E, so that those low bass notes are always there! With a low E right at your fingertips, guitarists and bassists will feel right at home adding monologue to their live rig to expand their sound palettes.
A Build Quality to Rival its Sound Quality
monologue features the same rugged, high-quality build and standout looks as minilogue. Plus, there are five vibrant colors to choose from: silver, black, red, blue, and gold. The gorgeous curved aluminum top panel is married with chassis-mounted, rubber coated potentiometers for a look and feel that is substantial. The rear panel dons a real wood panel to bring add vintage feel to its ultra-contemporary design.
To round out the interface, you’ll find a helpful, clear OLED display with a real working oscilloscope that lets you “see” your sound. This display is unique to Korg’s latest analog models, and is as fun and educational as it is informative. monologue’s display calls up parameters as you tweak, making it easy to understand the potential of this powerful little synth.
monologue can run on 6 x AA batteries - making it the most portable analog keyboard of its size, ever. An optional 9V adapter is also available.
- New Voicing: Optimized for monophonic new 2-pole VCF, added Drive circuit, expanded LFO/modulation capabilities
- Updated Step Sequencer: 16 dedicated step buttons, parameter lock per step, transpose via key trigger
- Micro Tuning: Explore numerous factory-preset microtonal temperaments; save 12 of your own!
- Quality sound AND design – Same great build quality, feel, and look as minilogue
- Power options – 6 x AA alkaline batteries (included) or 9V adapter (optional)
- Sound generating system: 2 VCO (square wave, triangle wave, sawtooth wave), 1 VCF, 1 EG, 1 LFO, 1 VCA
- Keyboard: 25 keys (slim keyboard, velocity sensitive, E-to-E configuration)
- Input/Output: Headphone jack, OUTPUT jack, AUDIO IN jack, SYNC IN and OUT jacks, MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B connector
- Power supply: 6 x AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride) or AC adapter (DC 9V)
- Power consumption: 2.5W
- Included items: 6 x AA alkaline batteries, Precautions Sheet, Quick Start Guide
- Options: AC adapter DC 9V (Korg USA part # 9V600MACPP)
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
* All product names and company names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.