Feast your eyes on this gorgeous Mayones Hydra Elite VF 6 multi-scale headless axe in a beautiful Trans Natural Satine over a stunning 3A Eye Poplar top!
This guitar is aggressive and super fast to play and if you're not careful, it could just bite your head off, too... The irony, of course, being that a Hydra is a many-headed serpent from Greek mythology. This guitar, however, is headless. Easy to transport (especially on airplanes) and easy on the shoulders and back, there are some definite advantages to the slimmed down and sleek design concepts in this guitar. Blazing lead licks up and down the fretboard are a real breeze while complicated chord shapes are still easy to get every note to ring out perfectly.
The neck is extremely comfortable, the pickups are hot and in-your-face, and the construction is absolutely flawless... All it needs is a master to tame the dragon. It takes virtually no time to get used to playing the multi-scale design and the benefits are immediately noticeable. Every string sits at the perfect tension and, especially for anybody that likes to down-tune, you may never go back to a non-multi-scale instrument after getting acclimated to one, not because you can't, but because you simply won't want to.
This one comes equipped with the TKO pickups from Bare Knuckle. These pickups are specifically made for Mayones with a very aggressive tone that provides incredible articulation and definition in high-gain settings.
The immaculate construction and killer electronics combine to make this one masterfully conceptualized rocker's dream! A simple master volume control (with push/pull capability to alternate between voices 1 and 2) and 5-way pickup selector makes this a no-fuss shredder's axe that is locked and loaded, ready for the limelight.
- Model: Hydra Elite 6 VF
- Color: Trans Natural Satine
- Top: Eye Poplar
- Binding: Natural
- Back: Mahogany
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Wood: 5-Ply Wenge/Purpleheart
- Scale: 25.4" - 27"
- Fretboard Radius: 16" (406mm)
- Nut: 1.71" (43.5mm) Graph Tech Black TUSQ
- Width XII fret – 54.0 mm
- Width XXIV fret – 58.0 mm
- Thickness I fret – 20.0 mm
- Thickness XII fret – 21.0 mm
- Frets: 24, Extra Jumbo, Ferd Wagner 9685 Stainless Steel
- Side Markers: Luminlay Super Blue 2mm (glow-in-the-dark)
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Pickups TKO
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for coil-split)
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: ABM Single Fine Tuner
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Case: Mayones Hybrid Gigbag
- Instrument Weight: 5.9 lbs