We're proud to offer this gorgeous Jabba Classic 4 in a stunning Trans Graphite-Burst Gloss finish from our master luthier friends in Poland, Mayones Guitars!
If you're looking for an axe that has a decidedly modern J-Bass sound that still evokes unmistakable vintage vibe, then look no further! The Jabba Classic 4 is a modern bassist's dream. The Aguilar J-70 pickups have lots of growl with a distinct vintage snap. It's that classic 70's J-Bass tone you've heard countless times (think Marcus Miller or Geddy Lee). Pair that with the Mayones 2-band preamp that boosts (or cuts) the bass and treble EQs at just the right frequencies, and it's a recipe for tonal success. The preamp is very transparent and hi-fi sounding. But if you want to go a little more old-school, that's in there, too - you can bypass the preamp and play the bass in passive mode.
The neck is extremely fast and comfortable. It feels awesome and the overall construction, especially the fretwork, is extremely precise, allowing this bass to achieve crazy low action. A uniquely contoured neck heel for easy upper fret access, absolutely expert craftsmanship and meticulous attention to detail help make this one of the best vintage-modern J basses on the market!
“The Jabba has a round tight bottom end, punchy midrange, clear and crisp high-end. The workmanship is top-notch with a great look. Thanks Dawid!!” – Jimmy Earl
“A sound always awesome, clean … perfect for slap, perfect for finger style, perfect for the harmonics ….. it was what I dreamed … It’s what I want!!!!!!” – Federico Malaman
“The Jabba is wonderful. It’s a modern JB with a vintage attitude and vibe for days. I love it!” – Joel Whitley
- Model: Jabba Classic 4
- Color: Trans Graphite-Burst Gloss
- Top: Flame Maple
- Body: Alder
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fretboard Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Frets: FERD WAGNER Nickel Silver / 2.64 x 1.20
- Scale: 34.25"
- Fretboard Radius: 20"
- Inlays: Black Acrylic Blocks
- Headstock: Trans Graphite-Burst Gloss
- Pickups: Aguilar J-Style 70's Era Neck & Bridge
- Preamp: Mayones M-BP2 2-Band EQ
- Controls: Volume, Balance, Treble, Bass, Passive Tone, Active-Passive Mini-Toggle
- Bridge: MAYONES BIGFOOT Bass Bridge 4-20
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite Clover / 4-In-Line
- Straplocks: Schaller Security Locks
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Case: Mayones Deluxe Padded Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 9.2 lbs