STUDIO-GRADE BASS COMPRESSION
The Cali76 Compact Bass is a studio-grade FET compressor specifically engineered for bass guitar and low frequency instruments. Based on the legendary 1176, the Cali 76 Compact Bass features high-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry and dedicated controls for side-chain filtering and parallel compression.
- Studio-grade FET compressor optimised for bass guitar and extended range instruments.
- High-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry.
- Variable side-chain filter keeps low frequencies loud and clear.
- Dry Blend control for instant parallel compression.
- Easy-to-use Attack/Release control sweeps through a range of useful sounds.
- Fully variable Ratio, Input and Output controls for precision settings.
- Classic jewel lamp functions as an intuitive three-colour gain reduction meter.
- 9 to 18V operation, for increased headroom.
- Tour grade, all metal construction.
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching.
- Designed and assembled by hand in England.
OPTIMISED FOR BASS
Cali76 Compact Bass is a powerful tone shaping tool that will enhance the sound and playability of your instrument. Get perfect note definition and smooth sustain, together with huge low-end clarity with a control set designed with bass guitarists in mind.
FROM STUDIO TO PEDAL
Look at any high-end studio and you’ll find at least one 1176 compressor. This iconic piece of outboard gear is the secret behind the guitar tone on many classic recordings. Inspired by the design topology and philosophy of the original, the Cali76 Compact Bass delivers the same natural, musical compression in a compact, stage-friendly pedal. After all, why should high quality compression be confined to the recording studio?
Mix your Dry signal in with your compressed tone for true parallel compression. An indispensable studio recording technique, parallel compression gives you thick compressed tone and increased sensitivity while retaining the natural dynamic expression of your playing.
Cali76 Compact Bass puts side-chain filtering at your fingertips. This is another powerful studio method that uses a variable high-pass-filter in the compressor’s level detecting side-chain to prevent the lowest bass frequencies from triggering compression, resulting in a powerful dynamic response from the lower strings while higher notes are tightly controlled, keeping slapped and popped notes and abrasive picking sounds from leaping out of the mix.
A single combined Attack/Release control provides a continuous sweep of useful settings while Individual controls for Ratio, HPF, Input and Output level offer a degree of control not normally seen on a pedal compressor. Tailor your sound from transparent transient control to flat-out limiting and monster sustain.
The rugged jewel lamp lights up when the pedal is turned on with an intuitive three-colour gain reduction meter, giving easy to read feedback from a distance.
BUILT FOR THE ROAD
Housed in a hand polished, brushed stainless steel enclosure and furnished with aluminium controls, Neutrik jack sockets and heavy-duty footswitch, the Cali76 Compact Bass is at home on the road as it is in the studio.
- Weight: 620 g (1.37 lb)
- Dimensions: 143 x 66 x 65 mm (5.62 x 2.6 x 2.56 in.) L x W x H - Includes knobs and switches
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance: 1 kΩ
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Power Supply: 9-18V DC 2.1 mm centre-negative
Please note: the Cali76 Compact Bass is powered by a mains adaptor only (not included). We’ve dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
Origin Effects pedals are designed to deliver impeccable performance using a range of power supplies. We recommend you only use a regulated power supply specifically designed for guitar pedal applications as power supplies which do not have sufficient internal filtering can result in unwanted noise.
We recommend the following power supplies for use with our pedals:
- Voodoo Labs Pedal Power series
- Cioks supplies
- Truetone 1 Spot Pro series
- Strymon Zuma
- Dunlop ECB-004
Operating this pedal with an 18V power supply will give the most headroom, allowing for higher levels of compression before clipping occurs.