Private Stock represents the highest quality of materials, the most personally crafted instruments, and the greatest level of customization available from PRS. Whether you choose one of our Private Stock models or spec a Built to Order instrument, every Private Stock is carefully conceived and built with a “one-off” mentality. Through this program, we strive to deliver heirloom-quality, musical instruments. All woods for this guitar were hand-selected by the dealer during a trip to our Private Stock vault in Maryland.
"I have never seen anyone playing guitar in a bad mood. There’s something magic about guitars because they are simultaneously art, musical instruments, treasured possessions, and tools to joyfully spend time with. If you get an extraordinary instrument from Private Stock that is equally as good as a family heirloom and a musician’s tool to make a living on, we have done our job." - Paul Reed Smith
Unique features to this PRS Private Stock guitar are:
- The dealer hand-selected all of the woods used
- The top is beautifully bookmatched quilt maple
- Stained figured white ash back
- Ziricote neck and fretboard
- Spalted maple bird inlays and headstock eagle
- Flame maple fretboard and headstock binding
- Ziricote tuner buttons
- Ebony pickup rings
- Alpha/Omega pickups, string-through plate bridge, 25.5" scale, and 20" radius are unique to the Holcomb signature guitars
Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega Holcomb Signature Pickups
The progressive metal virtuosos of Periphery are known for their technically complex rhythms and precise tones – tones which require high output passive humbucker pickups with just the right amount of output and articulation whether standing alone or working in a dense mix. The Alpha and Omega pickups were created to match that level of precision and versatility.
Working with guitarist Mark Holcomb, the Omega bridge pickup was created to provide destructive percussion and growl in the mids and low end. It’s aggressive but it also has lots of clarity and brightness, which cuts through whether you’re playing sophisticated chords, complex single-note lines or intense solos.
The Alpha neck pickup is unlike most traditional neck models. It was voiced to combine the best qualities of a neck and a bridge pickup, with some of that fat glassy sound but also plenty of your pick attack and fretting-hand phrasing.
The Mark Holcomb Signature Alpha & Omega high output passive humbucker pickups are made in Santa Barbara, California. "The Alpha/Omega set has been the heartbeat of my sound for the past several years. Since we developed and released the first 6-string set in the custom shop, I’ve had the same pickup set in every one of my 6, 7 and 8-string guitars, live and in the studio. It has remained one of the few components of my rig and setup that I haven’t even thought about tweaking.”-Mark Holcomb
- Model: Private Stock Holcomb Signature
- Color: Frostbite Glow
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Binding: Natural
- Back: Grey Black w/Frostbite Grain Filler Figured White Ash
- Finish: Satin Nitro
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Ziricote
- Neck Wood: Ziricote
- Fretboard Binding: Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 20"
- Frets: 24
- Inlays: Old Birds - Spalted Maple Centers w/ Paua Outline
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Headstock Veneer: Ziricote w/ Spalted Maple PS Eagle
- Bass and Treble Pickups: Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: PRS Plate Bridge - string through
- Tuners: Phase III Set Screw Locking w/ Ziricote Buttons
- Pickup Rings: Ebony
- Hardware Finish: Smoked Black Chrome
- Case: Private Stock Carbon Fiber Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs.