Private Stock represents the highest quality of materials, the most personally crafted instruments, and the greatest level of customization available from PRS. Whether you choose one of our Private Stock models or spec a Built to Order instrument, every Private Stock is carefully conceived and built with a “one-off” mentality. Through this program, we strive to deliver heirloom-quality, musical instruments. All woods for this guitar were hand-selected by the dealer during a trip to our Private Stock vault in Maryland.
"I have never seen anyone playing guitar in a bad mood. There’s something magic about guitars because they are simultaneously art, musical instruments, treasured possessions, and tools to joyfully spend time with. If you get an extraordinary instrument from Private Stock that is equally as good as a family heirloom and a musician’s tool to make a living on, we have done our job." - Paul Reed Smith
Unique features to this PRS Private Stock guitar are:
- The dealer selected all of the woods used
- Vibrant cocobolo top and back pieces
- Satin cocobolo Neck
- Brazilian rosewood fretboard w/cocobolo bird inlays
- Brazilian rosewood tuner buttons and control knobs
- Flame maple body binding, f-hole binding, fretboard and headstock binding, and pickup rings
Pattern Neck Shapes
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The Pattern Vintage neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: Private Stock Hollowbody II Piezo
- Top, Back, and Sides: Cocobolo
- Binding: Flame Maple
- Control Knobs: Brazilian Rosewood
- Finish: High Gloss Nitro
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Cocobolo, Satin
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Cocobolo Birds, Mother of Pearl Outlines
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Headstock Veneer: Cocobolo Private Stock Eagle, Mother of Pearl Outline, Flame Maple Binding
- Magnetic Pickups: 58/15LT
- Piezo Pickup: PRS Designed by LR Baggs
- Controls: Humbuckers Volume, Tone, Piezo Volume
- Mini-Toggle: 3-Way Piezo On/Off/Piezo+Magnetic
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle
- Output Jacks: Mag/Mix & Piezo
- Bridge: Adjustable Stoptail Piezo
- Tuners: Phase III Set Screw Locking w/ Brazilian Rosewood Buttons
- Hardware Finish: Smoked Black Chrome
- Case: Private Stock Hollowbody Brown Leather Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs.