PRS Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 Artist Package Electric Guitar, Pattern Thin, Gaboon Ebony Fretboard, Hard Case - Obsidian
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 85/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
- PRS Custom 24 Artist Package
- Artist Package Grade Flame Maple Top
- Matching Stained Flame Maple Neck
- Gaboon Ebony Fretboard
- Ebony Headstock Veneer
- Mahogany Body
- PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Green Ripple Outline / Green Abalone Center Artist Bird Inlays
- 5 Way Selector Switch
- Master Volume & Tone Controls
- 24 Frets
- Scale Length 25"
- 85/15 Bass and Treble Pickups
- Hybrid Hardware
- PRS Deluxe Artist Package Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.