Private Stock represents the highest quality of materials, the most personally crafted instruments, and the greatest level of customization available from PRS. Whether you choose one of our Private Stock models or spec a Built to Order instrument, every Private Stock is carefully conceived and built with a “one-off” mentality. Through this program, we strive to deliver heirloom-quality, musical instruments. All woods for this guitar were hand-selected by the dealer during a trip to our Private Stock vault in Maryland.
"I have never seen anyone playing guitar in a bad mood. There’s something magic about guitars because they are simultaneously art, musical instruments, treasured possessions, and tools to joyfully spend time with. If you get an extraordinary instrument from Private Stock that is equally as good as a family heirloom and a musician’s tool to make a living on, we have done our job." - Paul Reed Smith
Some features we'd like to highlight on this Private Stock guitar are:
- The dealer selected all of the woods for this guitar from the PRS Private Stock vault in Maryland
- African ribbon mahogany body
- Stained reverse Birds Of A Feather inlay pattern
- Flame maple binding around the entire guitar
- Stained flame maple tuner buttons
“One of my sayings is that everything that touches the string is God – well, that’s really the bridge, the nut, and the tuners. The updates to the McCarty family make a huge difference in their tone. The guitar sustains longer and the tone has more character,” said Paul Reed Smith.
It’s All in the Details: TCI-Tuned Pickups
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The "Pattern Vintage" neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: McCarty 594 Private Stock
- Color: Dragon's Breath
- Top: Curly Maple
- Binding: Natural (Curly Maple)
- Back: African Ribbon Mahogany
- Finish: High Gloss Nitro
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Flame Maple and Ebony
- Binding: Curly Maple
- Neck Wood: Flame Maple
- Scale: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Nut: Genuine Bone
- Frets: 22
- Inlays and Headstock Logo: Stained Reverse Birds Of A Feather Pattern
- Neck Profile: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Neck Finish: High Gloss Nitro
- Pickups: 58/15LT
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull for coil-split)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: 2-Piece Stoptail
- Tuners: Phase III Locking w/ Flame Maple Stained Buttons
- Pickup Rings: Ebony
- Control Plates: Stained Flame Maple
- Hardware Finish: Smoked Black Chrome
- Case: Private Stock Carbon Fiber Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.5 lbs.