PRS Paul Reed Smith Wood Library McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow Guitar, Orange Fade, Brazilian Rosewood, All-Rosewood Neck, Quilt Top
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT (low-turn) pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The addition of an f-hole and semi-hollow body adds a breathy tone and rich resonance to this guitar, providing welcome depth and beauty.
The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever. The McCarty 594 and Singlecut McCarty 594 Semi-Hollows made their debut at Experience PRS 2018.
This Pitbull Audio Wood Library McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow sports some features not found on CORE or Artist Package models and all of the woods used for these guitars were hand-selected by Pitbull Audio at the Paul Reed Smith factory in Maryland. Some of the special features are:
- Custom Orange Fade Finish
- Hand-Selected Quilt Maple 10-Top
- Hand-Selected East Indian Rosewood Neck
- Hand-Selected Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard and Headstock Veneer
- Hand-Selected Lightweight Mahogany Back
- Artist Package Black Paisley Case
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks.
The "Pattern Vintage" neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: Wood Library Limited Edition McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow
- Color: Orange Fade
- Top: Quilt Maple 10-Top
- Body: Mahogany
- Binding: Natural
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Shape: Pattern Vintage Profile - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Inlays: Old School Green Ripple Birds
- Scale: 24.594"
- Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood
- Pickups: 58/15LT Bass and Treble
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull for coil-split)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Color: Hybrid
- Bridge: PRS Two-Piece
- Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking
- Case: Artist Package Black Paisley Hardshell