Another custom-ordered Suhr coming your way - we're over the moon in bringing you this gorgeous Custom Modern 7! You don't often see 7-Strings from Suhr, and after waiting for it for some time, we're very stoked about how this one came out. We're big on anything purple here at the shop, and this one pleases our senses to the utmost degree. A beautiful ebony fingerboard, an absolutely stunning Pau Ferro neck shaft (how often do you see that?!), and an incredible Purple Nova finish are the stars of the show here.
The Suhr Modern is Suhr's take on the "Superstrat", a hot-rodded platform for the modern-day player who's not afraid to deviate from the norm and needs a more aggressive look and sound, whilst still retaining the familiar shape, Suhr features, ease of use, and high-quality craftsmanship.
This custom axe is packed with features that are both beautiful and functional, such as the lightning-fast, perfectly-shaped Modern Elliptical 7 neck profile that's a breeze to play with its compound radius, even if you're new to extended-range instruments. The Pau Ferro neck back is absolutely breathtaking. A high-quality Hipshot hardtail bridge and locking tuners ensures perfect tuning stability no matter how hard you shred, bend and rip burning notes on this guitar. And of course, we have to mention the hypnotizing Purple Nova finish again. its swirling, mesmerizing quality is completely out of this world.
The 7 Hot humbuckers are calibrated perfectly for the 7-string format. They stay tight, focused and punchy at any level of gain, never losing definition in even the most saturated distortion tones. Hard rock and metal guitarists will feel right at home with these pickups under their fingers, and the neck and bridge set are perfectly matched.
Dressed to kill and has the tone to match - that's this Suhr Custom Modern 7.
This Suhr Custom Modern features a Pau Ferro neck back with an Ebony fingerboard. The Modern retains many of the original specifications of the Modern Pro including the sleek elliptical neck profile, balanced asymmetrical body, innovative neck heel and stunning figured maple top. Proprietary Suhr locking tuners and the Hipshot hardtail bridge provide superior tuning stability.
- The Suhr Modern is equipped with our Modern Elliptical neck profile. Rolled edges and a 11-16” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape.
- Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability.
- The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.
- The Modern shape has a unique asymmetrical body that balances superbly with the extended 24-fret neck. Fast, sleek and sexy looking, the Modern shape will feel right at home to players who were weaned on the popular and innovative shapes that came into vogue in the 80’s.
- The resonant alder body has a fat, well-balanced tone that produces smooth sounds without any hard edges.
- Great care is taken to ensure that the thinnest possible layers of finish are applied. Our finishing process provides an unparalleled combination of protection, beauty, and tone. This allows the wood to resonate freely while still providing ample protection.
- Equipped with staggered Suhr Locking Tuners, which provide an 18:1 gear ratio, improved tuning stability, and no need for a traditional string tree.
- Model: Custom Modern 7
- Color: Purple Nova
- Body Wood: Alder
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Radius: 11" - 16" Compound
- Nut: 1.950" Tusq, Black
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Pau Ferro
- Neck Profile: Modern Elliptical 7 .780" - .850"
- Neck Pickup: Hot 7 Neck
- Bridge Pickup: Hot 7 Bridge
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail 7 Bridge
- Tuners: Suhr Locking
- Hardware Color: Black
- Case: Hardshell Case, Black
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs