Amptweaker Tight Fuzz Pro Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
Another Amptweaker Pro™ pedal, the TightFuzz Pro™ is built from the popular TightFuzz distortion pedal. As with the standard sized version, there are many tonal options available thanks to the Germanium/Silicon switch, Smooth Edge switch, and 60's/70's tone switch. The 3 band EQ helps make this one of the most flexible fuzztones available, and Amptweaker's Tight control really makes a difference in controlling the attack of the fuzz. There's even an auto-bias feature built into the Fuzz control, which allows the knob to control from the cleanest to the nastiest distortions with one control.
One of the important differences between the TightFuzz Pro and most 'reissue' fuzz boxes is that with the addition of the Tight control in front of the fuzz circuit, the input of the fuzz circuit is effectively buffered from the guitar....but in a compensated way. A common problem with the original fuzz designs is that circuits with low output impedances like those in overdrive pedals and wah pedals, or the output of active pickups, can completely change the bias and gain structure. The result is often an odd sound or squeals, unusual feedback etc. The buffering in the TightFuzz Pro actually simulates the impedance of a guitar, so that the fuzz circuit works in the normal way it's intended, and any low impedance circuit CAN be used in the loop or in front of the pedal.
Unlike most 2-button fuzz pedals with boost, the TightFuzz Pro includes 2 Boost knobs, one before and one after the distortion.....so it’s easy to boost the fuzz AND volume, for the perfect solo tone. And per customer requests, the 'Boost' Volume control has also been tweaked to allow cutting of the volume when the Gain is boosted, so it's easier to balance the volume. There’s also a cool Octave-Up effect that works with the footswitchable Boost, to help solos cut through the mix and to really dive into psychedelia. There's even an internal blend control to bring in the Octave, so you can just add a little seasoning to the tone.
The TightFuzz Pro has a Smooth Edge switch which cuts the high end sizzle for a warmer edge, and when combined with the High control, it's possible to get really warm fuzztones. There's also an internal More Fuzz switch which is great for lower output pickups or if you just want MORE! A new 'cleaner' noise gate was developed for the TightFuzz Pro, which is designed to reduce noise without adding distortion.
Amptweaker pedals are known for effects loops, and this one has 3: a universal loop, another active with the boost, and our popular SideTrak loop which activates when the pedal is OFF, to automatically shut off clean effects.
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for an alternate rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
Another cool SideTrak trick is that if you only plug in the SideTrak Send, and don't plug in the Return, then that Sent dry signal can be sent to another amp.....meaning you could have the TightFuzz Pro driving your 412 halfstack while sending the clean tone to a Twin or some other clean amp. All this ability comes from two simple jacks on the side of the pedal!
- Dual Lit Boost controls via Boost footswitch
- 3 Band EQ, w/ Smooth Edge to help tame the fuzz
- 60's/70's tone switch and Germanium/Silicon transistor switch for different gain and tones
- 3 effects loops....Universal, Boost with Pre/Post switches, and the SideTrak loop that works when the pedal is OFF! Patch in clean effects
- Fuzz control automatically adjusts bias for more range and better clean tones.
- Amptweaker exclusive Tight control adjusts attack and helps tame the fuzz
- Noise Gate switch, with internal adjustment
- Octave switch adds Octave-Up effect to Boost FTSW
- Internal More Fuzz switch for low output pickups, or just MORE FUZZ all the time!
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- True Bypass switching - with special input circuitry, works great with active pickups or wah pedals in front!
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V sounds heavier, more compressed, while 18V is more open and less distorted.
- Current: 22mA with 1 or 2-9V batteries, 24mA with 9V adapter, 28mA with 18V adapter(adapters add knob LEDs....internal switch disconnects 1-9V battery clip
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Weight: 3 pounds, Dimensions: 5.625"W X 5"D X 2.125"H
- Handmade in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty