Exclusive Offer through March 31st 2023
Synergy Core interfaces now give you free access to 80+ top-tier effects used by the most renowned sound engineers. They used them to make timeless music - now it’s your turn to get the faithful analog-modeled emulations and do the same.
Buy an interface - get the full FX library:
- Opto 2A (Tube Optical Compressor / Limiter)
- Impresser (Stereo Knee Compressor /Limiter)
- Reel-To-Reel (Tape Saturation)
- Liverpool (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
- Diode 609 (Diode-bridge Compressor)
- VEQ-4K BLACK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- BBD-Chorus (Bucket Brigade Chorus)
- MG4+ (6-Band EQ)
- VEQ-56 (10-Band Graphic Equalizer)
- Lang-PEQ2 (Parametric EQ)
- Gyratec X (Stereo Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
- RD47 (Tube Mic Preamp)
- Filtek Mk3 (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
Bitwig Studio 4
Built to perform
The Discrete 8 Pro is the new generation of a modern classic. The 1U rack audio interface packs industry-leading sound quality, transparent preamps, extensive connectivity and the powerful Synergy Core effects platform.
This versatile interface embodies a zero-compromise approach to hardware – made readily accessible via its redesigned software control panel.
Remove complexity, add creativity
The Discrete 8 Pro allows connection between any signal source and any destination for turning any session scenario into reality. Yes, seriously: every analog or digital output, effect strip or DAW track can receive any of the analog or digital inputs, effect returns, computer source channels or the four stereo mixes. All this flexibility is accessible via the full virtual patch-bay or the simplified routing view of the original Discrete interfaces – the choice is yours.
Explore all avenues with 26 inputs & 32 outputs
The generous number of preamps, analog and digital I/O support a wealth of applications: voice work, multi-synth setups, live recordings of small ensembles and even close-miked drum kits. And with both USB and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, the interface achieves cutting-edge performance and easy integration with any setup.
Record and monitor with uncompromising sound detail
The A-D/D-A converters and clocking are at the heart of every studio. The Discrete 8 Pro has been upgraded with latest generation converters (up to 130dB of headroom), while keeping the 64-bit AFC™ clocking technology established by our industry-standard master clocks. With the interface in your rack, you can experience a new level of detail in your recordings and enjoy wider soundstage for an exceptional stereo image in audio playback.
Console-grade, times eight
The Discrete 8 Pro packs eight discrete Class-A microphone preamps, formed of six transistors each and based on circuits found in classic recording consoles. The proof is in the clarity, depth and ultra-low noise floor, with up to 65 dB of gain to satisfy even the hungriest mics.
All eight inputs accept XLR as well as line-level TS/TRS jacks, and the two front panel inputs can even be switched to Hi-Z instrument inputs.
Stack up your processing chain and send to any output
Our unique Synergy Core platform gives you access to hardware-based analog-modeled outboard recreations. Running on a hybrid system of one FPGA and two DSP chips, you can monitor, record and mix using an ever-expanding library of low-latency processors. Even at the highest sample rate, the Discrete 8 Pro supports the full number of effects, simultaneously.
HARDWARE PROCESSING, NATIVE WORKFLOW
Taking advantage of high-speed Thunderbolt™, the afx2daw plug-in lets you use Synergy Core effects inside most popular DAWs, providing native workflow while keeping all the processing inside the interface.
afx2daw is available as a separate purchase from our software store, for macOS and Windows.
* On Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core, afx2daw is currently available only via a Thunderbolt connection
Going beyond the basics
With a wide variety of I/O options you can easily adapt to any recording scenario. The following set of dedicated features come in handy as workflow requirements evolve.
Clocking & Conversion
- Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
- Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter
- Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
Analog & Digital Connectivity
- 8 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
- 8 × DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
- Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output – this allows you to have two pairs of monitor speakers playing together simultaneously.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT I/O, with 16 channels available.
- Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available.
- Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core with other gear.
- 1 × Dedicated stereo monitor output over ¼ TRS.
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
- wo stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
- Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
- Expanded routing capabilities – switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence or make use of a virtual routing matrix.
- Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer, and effects settings.
- Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan, and reverb.
- Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone.
- Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for sample rate configuration, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via push sequence.
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
Real-time effects processing
- Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
- Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
- Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations.
37 Included Synergy Core Effects
- VEQ-55A (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-4K BLACK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-4K BROWN (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-4K ORANGE (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-4K PINK (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-HA32C (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-STU 900 (4-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- NEU-W492 (4-Band EQ)
- VMEQ-5 (3-Band Tube Mid-Range EQ )
- BAE-1084 (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-STU 089 (3-Band EQ / HPF / LPF)
- BAE-1023 (3-Band EQ / HPF)
- VEQ-1A (2-Band Tube EQ)
- VEQ-HLF (Tube 2-Band HPF / LPF)
- VEQ-STU 169 (3-Band EQ / HPF)
- NEU-PEV (3-Band EQ)
- NEU-W495 (3-Band EQ)
- Clear Q (Parametric EQ)
- VCA160 (VCA Compressor / Limiter)
- X903 (VCA Compressor / Limiter)
- ALT-436C (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor Amplifier)
- Tube 176 (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor / Limiter)
- Stay-Levin (Vari-Mu Tube Compressor)
- SMT-100A (Tube Leveling Amplifier / Limiter)
- FET-A78 (FET Compress Stereo Peak Limiter)
- FET-A76 (FET Compressor / Limiting Amplifier)
- BAE 10DCF (Compressor / Limiter)
- PowerEX (Expander)
- PowerFFC (Feed-Forward Compressor)
- PowerGate (Noise Gate)
- BA-31 (Germanium Mic Preamp)
- Gyraf Gyratec IX (Dual Tube Mic Preamp with HPF)
- Marble White AutoWah (Auto-Wah Pedal)
- Vari-Speed Tremolo (Tremolo)
- Auraverb (Reverb)
- Master De-Esser (De-Esser)
- A-Tuner (Guitar Tuner)
- Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core
- External Power Adapter & Power Cord
- USB cable (Type-A to B male)
- Getting Started Leaflet
- *Note: Thunderbolt 3 cable is not included