This item ships directly from Antelope, please allow 7-10 days extra order processing time.
EDGE QUADRO MODELING MIC Mic modeling in three dimensions
Edge Quadro is the most advanced modeling microphone by Antelope Audio. This stereo mic features two large dual-membrane capsules and a rotating head.
Delivering four channels for independent processing will allow for stereo techniques like M/S, X/Y, Blumlein, and even 3D sound. Edge Quadro is the only microphone you’ll need for stereo and 360° sound recording.
An epic mic emulation library
Edge Quadro boasts an extensive and ever-expanding library of classic mic emulations, with 11 legendary microphone models already available and 7 more soon to be released. The smart control panel allows users to pick two different mic emulations simultaneously, one for each head of the microphone.
EDGE QUADRO MODELING MIC Experiment like never before
The Edge Quadro heads offer next-level precision and adjustability. The upper head can be rotated noiselessly, even while the microphone is actively recording. Each Quadro head can also function in all possible polar patterns (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional and anything in between).
These features combine to deliver virtually limitless variations in tonality and stereo images and enable a wide range of creative effects.
The Edge emulations are designed to work hand-in-hand with Antelope’s own precision mic preamps and converters. For maximum accuracy, Edge Quadro can be used with any of Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
However, Edge Quadro also includes Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we’ve come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling and precise floating-point calculations.
The slickest of them all
Edge Quadro not only sounds incredible – it looks great, too! This unique mic comes with a custom luxury shock mount and two oxygen-free copper Y-cables included in the package.
The microphone is housed in a custom, handmade wooden case offering additional protection to its already solid and durable body.
Dual Capsule, Dual Membrane Condenser
Two capsules perfectly aligned to eliminate any phase related problems made of 6-micron gold-sputtered dual-membranes each.
Top head can be rotated at any angle even while recording so you can monitor any possibility for capturing your source.
Individual emulation and polar pattern for each head
Achieve anything from M/S, X/Y, Blumlein and 360 recording with a total of 18 emulations!
- One-of-a-kind Quadrosonic modeling microphone
- Rotatable head with large double-membrane condenser capsules
- Audio signal split into 4 independent XLR output channels for optimum control and re-micing
- Switchable patterns: cardioid, figure-8 and omnidirectional
- Individual mic emulation and polar pattern selection for each head
- Infinite top head rotation for maximum flexibility
- Ultra-low reflection, fully symmetrical top and bottom heads
- Extensive library of vintage mic emulations
- Custom luxury shock mount, two special oxygen-free copper Y-cables and a custom handmade wooden case included
- Microphone type: Quadrosonic condenser microphone
- Diaphragms: Two large condenser capsules with double-sided 6u-gold sputtered membranes. Top head is fully rotatable.
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern:Multi-pattern (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, Blumlein, M/S, X/Y)
XY-stereo – set both capsules to Cardioid, offset 90°
Mid-side stereo – set the top capsule to Cardioid, and the bottom capsule to figure-8
Blumlein – Set both capsules to Figure-8, offset 90°
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Frequency response: 20HZ ~ 20kHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC phantom power
- Output connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: 11,9″ x 2,1″ (303mm x 53mm)
- Weight: 1.697 lbs (770 grams)
In the box
- Breakout cable: Two 16.4′ (5 meters) 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male
- XLR (high grade oxygen-free copper Y-cable)
- Mount: Custom luxury shock absorber type
- Case: Custom handmade wooden case