Antelope Audio Zen Q Synergy Core 14x10 Bus-Powered Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
Take the quantum leap to pro recordings
Empower your desktop setup with high-end technology and take the next step in your creative quest. The Zen Q Synergy Core allows you to thrive without restraints by giving you access to renowned sound quality, real-time processing of analog-modeled effects and expandable I/O.
- Conversion & Clocking
- Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 127dB of headroom;
- Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz;
- Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
- 2 × Discrete ultra-linear preamps with 65dB of gain for studio-quality recordings. Both work as microphone/line/ Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power;
- 2 × Hi-Z/line instrument inputs over TRS;
- 2 × DC-coupled line outputs over TRS;
- Thunderbolt™ 3 port carrying up to 16 input and 16 output channels in any popular DAW with custom macOS & Windows drivers;
- Digitally expandable over ADAT IN , with 8 channels available;
- Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available;
- 1 × Stereo monitor output over TRS;
- 2 × Stereo headphone outputs with separate volume control.
- Workflow-enhancing features
- Bus-powered interface – powered by the Thunderbolt™ connection without need for a dedicated power source;
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Simplified I/O routing with pre-configured settings, allowing immediate recording and playback;
- Front panel with easily accessible controls over input and output levels, and other settings;
- Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer and effects settings;
- Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan and reverb.
- Real-time effects processing
- Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear;
- Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency;
- Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations.
- In-the-Box Content
- Zen Q Synergy Core
- Getting Started leaflet
- Note: Thunderbolt cable not included.
Antelope Audio Edge Note Small Condenser Modeling Microphone
Small condenser modeling microphone
A next generation modeling microphone with impressive recording capabilities, allowing you to get creative by applying the sound of more than a dozen classic microphone models. The Edge Note is a perfect studio solution for capturing a wide range of musical instruments. Thanks to its exceptionally high Sound Pressure level and extra features like the Pad attenuation and High-pass filter make the Edge Note the ideal choice for instrumentalists, sound engineers and studio owners who are searching for a flexible, high-quality affordable recording tool.
- Mic modeling technology reproduces the sound of classic microphone models either natively inside your DAW or via FPGA processing inside an Antelope interface (in real time).
- High sound pressure level provides plenty of headroom to record loud sources such as drums, guitars, brass instruments and more.
- Pad attenuator functionality with -10 and -20db ensures virtually zero distortion or clipping–even with the loudest sources.
- Compact size and stylish black matte color.
- Fully compatible with 3rd party audio interfaces. Optimized for use with Antelope Audio discrete technology preamps.
Innovate with all the classics
The Edge Note takes on the character of some of the finest small diaphragm mics in existence, delivering stunning detail and realism.
A total of 13 mic emulations reproduce the sound of legendary microphones used in the best recordings from the last century. They can be used in real-time with an Antelope interface (via Synergy Core processing). If the user doesn’t have an Antelope interface, a native plug-in emulation is available for any DAW and the microphone emulations can be easily applied to the dry audio recording
*iLok 2 or 3 required to use emulations as native plugins within your DAW
The key to transparent recordings
The flat frequency response of the Edge Note provides an exceptionally clean signal. Capturing the smallest detail of an acoustic guitar or a graceful cello becomes an easy task.
Capturing audio in the most neutral way without dramatically boosting frequencies across the spectrum ensures that when applied, the mic emulations will sound as close as possible to the original microphone being emulated.
Loudness is no obstacle anymore
With an astonishing SPL of 146dB, the Edge Note is an excellent choice for recording the loudest sources. Get the most out of a drummer’s performance or a blasting trumpet solo without clipping the converter. For particularly demanding scenarios, the attenuation pad can reduce the level with -10 or -20dB. Additionally, the high-pass filter facilitates the handling of the low-end frequencies and negative aspects of the proximity effect.
- 13 microphone emulations of classic microphone models
- Back-electret design provides transparent, balanced sound, & accurate transient responses
- Cardioid polar pattern suitable for wide variety of recording scenarios
- Frequency response of 20Hz–20kHz covers the audible spectrum
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 69dB
- Pad attenuation switch (-10db and -20dB) improves close-miking of loud sources, ensuring a clean signal without distortion.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 146dB
- High-pass filter switch (75Hz and 115Hz) eliminates low-frequency rumble and compensates for proximity effect
- Metal housing and black-matte finish provides style and endurance
- Includes shock mount holder to eliminate unwanted vibrations and provide easy positioning
- 48V DC Phantom Power required
Included Mic Emulations
Edge Note comes with 13 mic emulations, accessible via native plug-in or within an Antelope interface:
- Aalborg 4006
- Berlin 184
- Berlin K53
- Berlin K54
- Berlin K86
- Freiburg 6
- Hamburg 211
- Hamburg 40
- Hamburg 441
- Illinois 57
- Illinois 7B
- Perth 55
- Vienna D112
Antelope Audio Edge Note Small Condenser Modeling Microphone
- Diaphragm type: Back-electret Condenser
- Diaphragm diameter: 0.63" (16.1mm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -42dB | 8mV/Pa (+/-3dB)
- SNR: 69dB (A)
- Max input SPL: 146dB
- Output impedance: 65 Ohms
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Output Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Color: Black matte
- Dimensions (mic body): 4.5" x 0.8" (114mm x 20mm)
- Mount: Shock absorber type
- Breakout Cable: not included
Inside the box
- Edge Note small condenser microphone
- Getting started guide
- Shock mount holder